Scripts / Lock Camera??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2021 16:53
I'm trying to make a side scrolling game, but can't seem to find a way to lock the camera view to the side and not behind.
Is there a script for this or anyway of doing it at all?
Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes! You came to the right place- ( for moral support. )
Sounds like you are trying to do something beyond the scope of what most people ever do in GG. In that regard- sincere congratulations for that thought. You also will need to carry an ambition card with you. In other words, nobody can write your script for you from the online console couch. Meaning the discussion forums (make me a script the way I want) back and forth just isn't benefiting to new scripters, and hard to predict and time consuming for the helpers unless they are really bored. What you can do is learn the method used to script in GG. It's a worthwhile goal if you plan to stick out the project (there's that ambition word again.) I have done a side-scrolling 'game' or demo level. It has many features and took months to work on. (which BTW contains NO stock script crutches). It's not complete because I got a little burned out and really I hate building maps so much in GG that I began procedural methods, got overwhelmed, under motivated and just used the task for the "fun"? of script experimenting. (I plan to revive it after other projects.)

Where my side-scroller started out as an embryo was just to move a box from scratch on a platform, get jump working, etc, etc, etc. Open global.lua in scriptbank folder and do a CTRL-F in notebook++ and if it's camera controls you want put 'camera' into the search bar. If it's to 'position' objects, search that word.

[[--These are for copying and pasting to your own scripts, and NOT to manipulate in global.lua-- leave it untouched!--]]

Also you will benefit from reading through the scripts that GG gurus have provided, and the help scripting methods support pages. It can be some work, but with a full blown project, your game is calling for you to be the chief scripter! ...Get help with specific hurdles to your own scripting work right here...
Hint: It might be easier at first to try a 'freeze' the player rather than adjust camera angles since those are euler?
PM
Rector
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2021 20:41
Cheers Gubby, I have tried scripting and I just can’t get my head around it. Too dumb lol
I’ve searched the store in the hope a script might have been for sale that would do the job, but unfortunately there isn’t one there.

But I do appreciate your help, so thank you. I’ll just carry on looking and fingers crossed I’ll find something some how.
Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 03:48:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 03:48:27