Scripts / [SOLVED] cannot apply script with particle example to object (GG crashes)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Total War Saga: Troy, Amytric Pulse
Posted: 27th Aug 2021 16:15
hi there,

Sorry for this stupid question. Breaking head with applying particles to object. As i understand i can apply script with particles functions to any object? But now after some tests i concluded that ONLY object with animation can be used for particles . May be somebody knows the secret. Now, i am using standard Barrel with respected Graphix exposion Upgrade. This object succefully emits an example. All other barrels without animation crashes GG. I tried to copy fpe and get nothing. Only crash. Sooooo... For now i will try to learn parameters with this object only. It is enough for emitting but nothing except understanding what's going on I want to know for the moment. I realy will appreciate help for learning how i can use ANY object for such scripts.
Concerning other objects with animation - all is OK. GG starts, but no particles emitted shown. For exampe any animated tree from Foliage category does not crash after starting Test Game but barrel near it emits sprites and tree does not. Looks funny.
Also tried to change function parameters, but i guess it is not the reason, because default example starts magnificently with barrels.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
bluemeenie195
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
AmenMoses has a whole section on particles.

Try this one on a regular non static barrel.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220140#msg2606719
PM
Scanman
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Total War Saga: Troy, Amytric Pulse
Posted: 27th Aug 2021 20:57
Thank you. Wow, "limb index"!!!!! That is cool. All works on any object. You saved my time and I don't give a damn why i did not read it by myself. Will try be more attentive. And let fozzie be with you...
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:25:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:25:53