Product Chat (Early Access) / Questions about Max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello
First question I have is will the new behavior tree work with the old Game Guru characters. And what about if you have a FBX character will the behavior tree work with them too.

I see that the team is looking for a release date in November , so my next question is would that be a good idea from what I have been reading Max will only have the first person shooter part ready buy then and that Rpg and other options will come later. To me this is not a good Idea when you go to sell Game Guru Max people are going to expect to make games with the product, complete games and instead they will only be able to do limited, with in the limits of 3D shooters. When some one releases a product it should be complete with no addons later unless its like patches or something . I believe that when a person sales a product your customers expect a finished product, not something that is being made as years roll around. I mean would you buy a car and wait for the air condition to roll out a couple of years after you buy the car? Its up to the Game Guru team but if I were them I would make sure that people understand or Max will end up on the steam bash board , A lot of people that may purchase Max might be new customers that have not seen the videos and won't understand that Game Guru Max is in a constant state of development with a release date people will expect that Max is ready and you maybe setting up for some Bad reviews. I like Max and would like to see it do well but I cant help but feel that while Max is looking good you might want to rethink the whole release date thing. Maybe wait till the Rpg and Puzzle elements and some other things are done too. Up to you guys just thought I would put this out there I mean November is a long way a way.

Good Luck Hope you make it

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2021 15:24 Edited at: 27th Aug 2021 15:32
Quote: " I believe that when a person sales a product your customers expect a finished product "

Very rare that happens ... Most Apps especially are initially Early Access \ Beta etc these days.
Max will be Early Access .. Users will or will not purchase on that basis.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2021 16:12
Yes as long as it is clear and show A. Road plan and state what is in and whats yet to be done. and what order of development ie logic of ai then rpg then vr then puzzle etc etc.
Make it clear
make it transparent
Make the plans visible
Give time scales for each part
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2021 16:39 Edited at: 27th Aug 2021 16:39
From what we have now, it's starting to look a bit more professional and people will purchase it because of that. It's only when they inevitable want to make the next Skyrim / Fallout / Red Dead Redemption / Borderlands that people will find it's not up what they thought and that's when the complaints will start.

Just my opinion.
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-11700 octacore, Nvidia RTX 3060ti, 16gb
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 08:37 Edited at: 31st Aug 2021 08:39
Quote: "When some one releases a product it should be complete with no addons later unless its like patches or something"

It sounds like you're viewing this in the same way that game development is viewed, and that's just not how software development works.

Game developers will generally try to have a short beta or early access period, then release the final product, with only bug fixing and future DLC being added.

Whereas software development is an ongoing thing, they will have lots of testing with Alphas, Betas and Early access, and when it's released it will generally be a solid base build, they will then continue development to add more features over time.

I see it a lot, people see a game creator/engine and think it's the same as a game, when it's an entirely different thing. Especially when it comes to resources to run it, they think if they can run a game that could be made with it then they can run the game engine as well, and the reality is that a game engine needs to be able to run the game it's making and the editing software itself so will always have a higher recommended spec.

(note: i know the post has nothing to do with specs, i'm just using it as an example of how people view different software development incorrectly)
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 09:36
Quote: "From what we have now, it's starting to look a bit more professional and people will purchase it because of that. It's only when they inevitable want to make the next Skyrim / Fallout / Red Dead Redemption / Borderlands that people will find it's not up what they thought and that's when the complaints will start.

Just my opinion"

I think people don't realize just how much work goes into making games like that. Sort of expect min effort max results.Not to say you can't create good games, just it is going to take blood sweat and tears with lots of experience and you will need to learn, how to model, uv map, animate, script, you know the basic things any indie developer does any ways.

Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 10:52 Edited at: 31st Aug 2021 11:00
Quote: "It's only when they inevitable want to make the next Skyrim / Fallout / Red Dead Redemption / Borderlands that people will find it's not up what they thought and that's when the complaints will start."

Harsh maybe but users who expect that should not even be in Game Development in the first place and they must be stupid to even think they could do that. Obviously they have no idea or knowledge of what is involved in the industry or even cost to produce such games of that standard so If 20 odd pounds is to much for a DLC you need for your game then i would suggest maybe getting into Airfix kits instead as a hobby
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 12:14
Quote: "What Is a Role-Playing Game? Role-playing games (or RPGs) are video games where players engage with the gameworld through characters who have backstories and existing motivations. The RPG genre often includes NPCs (non-player characters), side quests, downloadable content (dlc), and larger story arcs"

I'm really curious about RPG and other game styles GG max is going to offer us, I really want to see the changes when RPG style being implemented.
TGC is going to place a button that when pressing automagically appears a full medieval town over my map?
Maybe TGC is going to give those DLCs for free?
I suppose that TGC will try to make things easier for me by implementing tools that help me to achieve it; but even so, everything will still depend on the developer, his knowledge, and his skill.

If tgc implements a full convo system plus the standalone feature and reading the quote description, I wonder myself, what prevents me from making an RPG game? with or without RPG game style being implemented on GGMax.

And obviously having the ton of money, plus the hundreds of people working 24/7, what prevent me to make the new skirim the people want to do? Of course, if I'm waiting to make a Skyrim without that resources, I'm not a game developer, I'm a fool.

Don't get me wrong guys, personally don't want to do games others already do, I would prefer to do my own.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 13:52 Edited at: 31st Aug 2021 14:00
Quote: "TGC is going to place a button that when pressing automagically appears a full medieval town over my map?"

You may be over thinking it .. More likely its a Pre-set for behaviours, elements etc specifically for RPG and Puzzle themes ... Just like the Shooter. Everything setup for that category in particular.
Like now when you select Shooter all the combat behaviours are setup and ready to go. ( although lots more to add )
Or you can start from blank and use any of the Behaviours etc to create what you want.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 14:26
Hate quote me, but

Quote: "I suppose that TGC will try to make things easier for me by implementing tools that help me to achieve it; but even so, everything will still depend on the developer, his knowledge, and his skill."

I'm meaning ironically, that maybe we aside from putting the ban in front of the engine, should start putting that ban in front of us, in other words, how highest I can put my ban, or until where I'm ready to go?
Because won't be a magic button there, but as Synchro said, just Pre-set for behaviors.
So, the question raise (talking here just about me), am I ready to make an RPG game with those features? or otherwise, should I improve my skills? how higher is my ban? it is not too high perhaps?

memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 16:47 Edited at: 31st Aug 2021 16:48
Quote: "Synchro said, just Pre-set for behaviors."

Ye but i did not mean that as a bad thing.
All the logic and elements in one place will be cool. Pretty sure there will be more to it than that and we can use the shooter as an example as it develops of how it will end up
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 17:45
Quote: "Ye but i did not mean that as a bad thing."

Of course, nothing wrong with this.