Product Chat (Early Access) / GameGuru MAX Live - Broadcast #58 Answers

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2021 16:46
Hi All,

Find today's broadcast recording here:

And here are the questions from the end of the broadcast I could not answer live:

Q> It's possible to create multiple levels?
A> Eventually yes, we are planning to create a storyboard editor after release so you can assemble many levels together along with title pages and other game screens.

Q> ​Further to my above. I believe wicked supports inverse kinematics so this could be used to achieve animation blending?
A> I am also aware Bullet supports IK as well, so we have a number of choices in this regard. The animation blending I am looking to add to the game engine involves two animation streams that can target a character at different animation speeds, to help with things like a character walking while moving arms. We already have a basic system which turns the head no matter what the animation is doing, but the planned blend system will be more sophisticated.

Q> When you do add the VR, Will going through doors etc be actually you walk through the like walking through a real door, or will it just load into the indoor area?
A> It will be like a real door, so you would approach the door, and by default, the trigger would open the door (like pressing E in non-VR mode). Down the road, we could look at adding a system similar to Half-Life Alyx that has the user manipulate a door handle and push open the door as a physics object on a hinge. You can still have a zone inside the door to teleport you to an indoor space, but by default, you can move from outside to inside all part of the same world.

Q> Will you be adding the vertex painting wicked engine supports this, to paint dirt maps, signs, graffiti, etc?
A> No plans to add vertex painting for the first release. We need to walk a fine line so we do not try and become a full 3D modeller or Music Creation tool, etc. The idea for GameGuru MAX is that you import what you have created and MAX takes care of turning it into a game.

Q> Would you be able to create a game similar to Skyrim? Open World, adventure RPG, etc?
A> Skyrim series cost many millions of dollars to develop, with hundreds of talented coders, artists and an army of other skills. I think it is fair to say one person cannot recreate Skyrim. What you can do with GameGuru MAX, when we release the RPG gameplay, is create a smaller version of Skyrim, set in a smaller world and single player. For commercial game creation, we still recommend professional tools such as Unity and Unreal as they have a proven track record of producing large games. GameGuru MAX is primarily aiming at those who are not planning a large commercial game, instead aiming at those users who want to have fun making a game, and who prefer not to code or script.

Thanks for all your questions, more answers next Wednesday at 4 PM BST
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 25th Aug 2021 16:59
I have to say that its REALLY , REALLY disappointing that VR is NOT going to be included in the November release, Or any release anytime soon. VR is the reason I bought into this and you still have it listed as one of the options when its released.

I just had to say something this really sucks.
Alienware Aurora R10, Windows 10 64 bit, 64GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz, AMD Ryzen(TM) 9 5900X (12-Core, 70MB Total Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.8GHz) Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10Gb GDDR6X
Alienware M15 Laptop i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max Q
VR : Samsung Hmd Odyssey WMR, ,Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest2
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2021 17:26 Edited at: 25th Aug 2021 17:26
Quote: "I have to say that its REALLY , REALLY disappointing that VR is NOT going to be included in the November release,"

As much as i want VR it could never have been ready for November 2021 as there is still so much to do and the plans for VR are big. You can actually use VR now ( at least on my Quest 2 ) but its very un-optimised but still really cool for checking out your levels
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2021 17:43
As I understand the statement right now, we are going to start with fps, nothing wrong with this; anyway, I really hope those behaviors settings being adequate for the other style games chars, such as civilians, doctors, firemen, in other words, no just weapon settings.
With those sort of unarmed char (they are no going to use them along with the game), there should be another different setting approaches, such as some char talk with the plr>depending on the plr answer the char becomes happy or angry with the corresponding animation, and so on.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 25th Aug 2021 17:58
Thanks Synchro. I appreciate that it will take some time, again, and love what's being done.
I just fear VR will be the last thing that is worked on now and it will be another year are so of waiting.
I guess I have to wait and see as always.. its just so frustrating.
Alienware Aurora R10, Windows 10 64 bit, 64GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz, AMD Ryzen(TM) 9 5900X (12-Core, 70MB Total Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.8GHz) Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10Gb GDDR6X
Alienware M15 Laptop i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max Q
VR : Samsung Hmd Odyssey WMR, ,Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest2
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2021 10:36 Edited at: 28th Aug 2021 10:37
Wait, so we are basically creating a state machine in that? Love that!
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2021 12:45
I have a question for LeeBamber !

Are you going to work on atmospheric effects like volumetric fog & volumetric lights ?

some examples:

My Portfolio: https://www.mattepainting.be/
My FREE extension: https://www.stop-it.be/
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 00:10
Well i personally think all logic should be complete before VR.
Because Vr will need a total logic of its own and all the extra stuff as well. VR is a great addition if you have the gear a huge amount of people don't have it. So i think on a mass and on speed of completion get the rpg and puzzle parts done first as they will not be long to do and tgen without any gripes from anyone can really get Vr right without rushing it
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:22:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:22:48