Product Chat (Early Access) / The new Visual Script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure the new visual script (VS) will change in the next months. It is a new tool in gameguru and perfect for designers or people who hate LUA and prefer other languages like C# or similar (me, for example). I would like to give some ideas

1. It would be perfect to have VS in the editor and be able to change the behavior of the objects without accessing the game.
2. A nodal editor. Something similar to blender, godot, bolt or UE. Currently I don't know how I can link the last box to the first box to make an instruction jump.

What do you think? Is it not a good idea?

On the other hand... I get an error when I create a new behavior... When I click on "New behavior" and access the game, gameguru says: .\scriptbank\masterinterpreter.lua:648: attempt to index local 'output_e' (a string value). The affected object (in my case, the zombie) stops animating. Can you help me?

Thank you very much.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2021 12:39 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2021 12:39
Quote: "On the other hand... I get an error when I create a new behavior... When I click on "New behavior" and access the game, gameguru says: .\scriptbank\masterinterpreter.lua:648: attempt to index local 'output_e' (a string value). The affected object (in my case, the zombie) stops animating. Can you help me?"

Its still early stuff with wires hanging out .. just a case of letting Lee finish the job
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2021 14:13
Quote: "What do you think? Is it not a good idea? "

Visual LUA is going to work with AIs, and AIs are not yet done.

LUA is the lang use a lot of years ago and is no going to change.
The LUA nodes system is something we are going to need to learn how it works, anyway, since the GGMax features are building with tutorials and a lot of related info, videos, etc, it might help to get the point out.
GGmax, fortunately, won't be a UE clone/instance, here we just want a GGMax being GGMax, maybe an easy UE, but this not achieve in few days.

Anyway, I will suggest you request a feature in GibHub, who knows, maybe TGC like the idea.

For everybody coming from UE waiting for achieving the same like in UE, but just pressing a button, this is no going to happen, like in the others engine you'll need your hands dirty if you want to achieve something other than the standard things.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:20:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:20:43