Product Chat (Early Access) / Can i create anything other than FPS games in GameGuru Max?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys
Title says it all really.
Ive used AGK classic and studio , and Dark Basic pro (back in the day), ive been using the game creators products for qute a number of years now, but never really had much to do with GameGuru.
I have always loved the products ive used from the game creators so, Ive pre ordered GG max , because I like the look of the studio software and the capabilities, but just wanted to ask if there is a possibility of creating games such as 3d RPG , or 3d Point and click adventures, or anything else.
Just wanted to get an idea of the scope of capabilities and genres the software can produce.

Cheers.

PM
DareESP
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Meganoodle71,

Actually and based on my experience, I believe all those game modes are available in Game Guru Classic, so probably you will be able to use them in GG MAX. To create one of those games you need to play a bit with the .lua scripts but yes, technically it should be possible. Maybe someone with more experience can confirm this.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Aug 2021 08:42
At first release there will only be a first person mode, they want to make sure they get that perfect before they start adding other modes, so they are planning to add third person etc. but that won't be until later releases.
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I imagine with some lua coding skills you can get many types of game types made, as with GG. However, it's not really suited and there are far better languages/engines out there that would make the job easier. Unless your pretty experienced at coding, FPS games will be your main option. Don't buy Max in the hope of additions later, they don't always arrive. They have RPG and Puzzle elements to add as well, they aren't in yet, but have been promised for the final release.

Max is still far from being capable of making ANY games at all though at present, it's just not ready. At the moment all you can do is play about with it. It's also a bit hit and miss, sometimes I am impressed and sometimes I'm horribly reminded that this is Game Guru with a turbo charger pulling along a trailer full of old baggage
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:30:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:30:16