Product Chat / [SOLVED] Third Person Shooter / Top Down / Soldier no collecting Ammo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

I am working on a new project now, and this time I am going for a third-person view game. However, when I am playing in third-person view the character is not picking the ammo. Someone can help with this? I understand the soldier cannot pick weapons, this is why I am using a character with the Uzi already.

On the other hand, I would like to enable the reticle in the view. Looks like for that soldier (Camo Gunner) even if on the properties area the option is enabled with Yes, it is not being displayed testing the game.

Thank you in advance!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
@DareESP
Walking simulators are pretty reasonable fair in GG under third person-- "out of the box" as
they like to say. Even then you gotta decide where the character is in relation to your map
and assets that interact with the player so you can trigger events.

So you can learn to script your own behavior as GG lua API has a pretty well defined set that
will enable most basic functionality. One day a forum mod told me not to promote scripting
especially in GG MAX, which to me taking that side is a rather confusing notion to argue on.
I don't agree with it even slightly.
The "free scripts" compendium is the place to browse. Everything won't be there, but if you
take the chance to study them, especially the simpler ones at first, that is the suggestion.
At some point you should be able to accomplish basic weapon pickup and firing, but it's a
rather complex scenario that will take some perseverance.

I say go and learn ALL the scripting you can and hope to. POSITIVE ++ vibes and best luck!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " One day a forum mod told me not to promote scripting
especially in GG MAX, which to me taking that side is a rather confusing notion to argue on."

Can you point me to that.
Seems odd considering most encourage custom scripting to enhance your games and we have a script section on the forums exactly for this purpose and a feature in Max to add your own ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
6593f5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2021 04:42
Quote: "One day a forum mod told me not to promote scripting
especially in GG MAX..."

I am curious about this as well...
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 @ 3.2 GHz, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 16GB DDR4 RAM @ 3000 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB, Windows 10, x2 ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM 24.5" Monitor(s) (1920 x 1080; 32 Bit colors) @ 280MHz.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Aug 2021 09:07 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2021 09:48
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
It's an issue with the way third person handles angles and visibility (because the way pickups detect if you are in range is the distance and angle of the camera, and in third person the camera is further away and at an odd angle), you get the same issues with key pickups and doors.

I made a script to fix the issue ages ago when i made my isometric dungeon pack, attached are my fixed ammo, door, and key scripts ...

@Lee/Rick i have put this issue up on GitHUb, but if you want to use my updated scripts for classic then you are more than welcome to use the attached scripts.
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2021 12:08
Quote: " One day a forum mod told me not to promote scripting
especially in GG MAX"

I suspect that is more to do with the fact that not all Classic Lua functionality is present in MAX atm and they want to avoid having hundreds of spurious bug reports raised.

Lee's attempt at a visual programming system is in fact Lua scripts and any additions to it will likewise be Lua scripts so someone will still need to be writing Lua scripts!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Lee's attempt at a visual programming system is in fact Lua scripts and any additions to it will likewise be Lua scripts so someone will still need to be writing Lua scripts!"

Indeed and if you want the player to fly for example you would probably need custom scripting for that.
Lee's visual method could be fantastic and cover almost every normal function you need to do but its not going to make toast for you
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
DareESP
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos thank you so much for the scripts! I will test them now. If they work that will be awesome for my new project. Appreciate also the time invested in explaining how the third person is working on GG Classic, I did not know that the issue is because of the camera distance. That is really good to know.

Thank you in advance!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:21:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:21:41