Work In Progress / Minutos To Kill

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Shadow Of War
Posted: 19th Aug 2021 19:44 Edited at: 24th Jan 2022 17:14
Minutos To Kill

Developer: vallinteractive

Description: A short simple game I have been developing since last December during my free time. Also testing out the limits of game gurus capabilities. Now to the game.
Game flow - You must find and kill the target before the time runs out or before the target escape's. The more time remaining after the target is killed the higher the score you will get.

You will be given clues to about the target.

Your first shot is the most important shot because at start the target has no knowledge of you (Also your sniper has no suppressor). so the target will be just standing or walking around and is easier to hit. If you have not killed the target on your first shot then all npcs will be alerted and your time will be deducted by a lot, The target will try to run from one cover to another cover until it escape's to the escape point.

Watch out for civilians (Alerted) since they will also start panicking or try to escape with the target (making it possible for them to block your shot when trying to hit the fleeing target)

If you managed to kill the target or if time runs out or the target escaped you can choose to restart the level but this time you will have a new random target to find and kill.

Download the playable alpha build here itch.io.

Credits:
Thanks to Pirate Myke for the Free Road Assets https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/208030
Thanks to Teabone for the Free converted FPS Creator classic packs

Music from https://www.zapsplat.com
Other free sounds that I found:
https://soundbible.com
DareESP
Years of Service
User Offline
The concept of the game looks nice. Share a youtube video with the community, I personally like check youtube gameplays more than rather download all the games. We are here following the creations from the community. Good job!
PM
vall-interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2021 16:37 Edited at: 17th Sep 2021 12:15
Thanks for the compliment.

I have released a playable alpha 0.2 on itch.io now and also here is the current gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5oeJBnKuY

Changelog For Alpha 0.2
-NPC's can sit now
-Added additional clues to help Identify the target
-Target's can do a unique action one time each round which will set them apart from the non target npc if the clues are not enough.
-Fixed the ammo counter
-Difficulty - minimum number of clues are reduced and total time will be reduce once you reached a certain threshold.
-Some map tweaks
-minimum number of npc set to 14, maximum is 22 (will try to increase minimum to 16 and maximum to 32 in the future)

And for those who want to try my old Alpha 0.1 build here is the link
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2021 01:41
Interesting! I will give it a whirl soon, let you know what I think.
vall-interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 13:46
Thanks Wolf. will be releasing alpha 0.3 soon on itch io. eta on this month or on November.
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2021 12:09
very cool idea. I will be following this!
vall-interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2021 05:32 Edited at: 12th Nov 2021 06:10
Thanks for the follow Duchenkuke

Also Alpha 0.3 is now out for Alpha 0.4 I think I will works on some power ups or tools to help the player also instead of score I will probably make it or rename it to cash instead to spend on those power ups before the round starts.

ETA for Alpha v0.4 I'm not sure but probably expect it by December or by January 2022
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Nov 2021 08:36
This is nice, I like this idea.
Keep up the hard work.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
vall-interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2021 06:16
Thanks PCS will do
42pixels
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 10:44
This is a great little concept, I think with some time and work you are on to a real winner!
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, 32.0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3777
vall-interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2022 17:28
Thanks 42pixels

Hopefully I can finish this short game within this year or 2023. hahaha

Alpha 0.4 is here
summary: changed score to cash to purchase power ups
added power ups (will be making adjustments to them)
added a mission/job selector where you can select up to 3 random picked job per round

Future plans
More power ups
I' m planning to implement a shop in the future and will be pricing the power ups base on how over powered they are
I'm planning to implement a small room for the player before they start the mission. where they can select jobs/missions or buy power ups.

I cannot give an eta on the next update. because will be working on another project but hopefully I can released another update in another 2 months or so
42pixels
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2022 22:27
This is looking really good! ill keep an eye out for the next update.
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, 32.0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3777
vall-interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2023 19:25 Edited at: 6th Apr 2023 19:27
Hey Guys its been a while my pc hardrive got wrecked but thankfully I have backup most of my files. I was busy with my day job but keep working on the game on my free time. Now I present to you Alpha 0.5 have to recreate the level got lost when my hard drive got corrupted.

Also will be planning to release the scripts that I use to create the game here on the forum once v1.0 finally release. for people with little to no lua coding experience if they ever want to make this type of niche game with their assets.

For thos who want to try the Alpha v0.5 get it here on my itchio
https://vallinteractive.itch.io/minutos-to-kill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:30:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:30:34