Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2021 16:46
Hi All,

Here is a recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the answers to the questions I could not get to:

Q> Is the Zombie able to contaminate civilian?
A> That is actually a good idea. So say neutral characters wandering around can be 'turned into more zombies, so the longer you wait the harder the level is to complete. Nice idea! Will not be 'out of the box' but I can see this being possible with some clever logic.

Q> Please, can you make the particle marker bigger? it is a pain to work with, when in between on a bunch of other meshes?
A> Yes I think you are right, and perhaps not hollow as well as I can sometimes miss selecting the correct game element. Maybe add as a suggestion on our issues board so it does not get missed.

Q> Can we have fog at terrain height, or even better, can we to control the fog height?
A> At the moment we are still working on fog for terrain, but we did discover that you can lower the cloud height so that it 'becomes' fog and is a great technique. More on this when we have done more on terrain!

Q> ​What about exporting as exe file?
A> All GameGuru MAX games will have the ability to be saved as a standalone executable, along with all its required media.

Q> Is there any way to test the level in VR even though you have not worked on VR yet?
A> The ability to test in VR is very limited, and may have been switched off internally, but if you open SETUP.INI in NOTEPAD and change the line "vrmodefordevelopers=0" to "vrmodefordevelopers=1" you may have a shot

Q> ​In the current version of MAX, are we able to edit shaders, like in GameGuru Classic? ie Pixel, Dither, etc.
A> There will be no 'out of the box' support for the creation of new or modification of existing shaders. They have all been designed to work correctly with the MAX game engine (heavily reliant on the awesome Wicked Engine), and are precompiled so there is no shader source to edit. If we see an easy way to bring this to the hands of MAX developers, we will certainly check it out.

Thanks for all your questions and I look forward to answering more next Wednesday at 4 PM BST.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2021 17:45
Quote: "Q> Can we have fog at terrain height, or even better, can we to control the fog height?
A> At the moment we are still working on fog for terrain, but we did discover that you can lower the cloud height so that it 'becomes' fog and is a great technique. More on this when we have done more on terrain!"

Done.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/1319

Thank you for the replies.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2021 18:54
That logic system / flowchart is amazing Lee, very, very cool indeed.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Roland D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth. Samson Graphite 49 Midi Controller Keyboard
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking cool. Not a fan of flow chart type logic personally (Unreal has similar and I hate it), but at least with Max I should know what most the commands are to start with and also be able to use lua directly as well Best of both worlds by the looks! I know most people will be really pleased with this addition!

I also like the fact you can add a bit more logic into how the character moves around, which was always lacking in GG with the waypoint system. Always thought having options for each waypoint so they could perhaps stop and idle for awhile or light up a smoke etc would be a great addition. So nice to see it in Max.

SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2021 16:02 Edited at: 20th Aug 2021 16:02
FINALLY !!!
Navmesh visual LUA !!!

bravo to LeeBamber !
My Portfolio: https://www.mattepainting.be/
My FREE extension: https://www.stop-it.be/
Hamada
Years of Service
User Offline
Will terrian grass texture support normals, spec and gloss maps?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will terrian grass texture support normals, spec and gloss maps?"

We do not know yet.
TGC remaining tight lipped until its ready to show.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Update now Available ..
A small demo of the Zombie in action.
Just 2 flags .. Point A to Point B .. He finds his own way

PM
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I active the visual script editor?

Thank you
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How do I active the visual script editor?"

Run test game
Press Tab Twice
Click debugger at the bottom
Then select "Edit Behaviors "

PM
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

This option is not availbale (the last option is shadows). I can't create new behaviors either.

Thank you very much.
PM
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. I have found my problem. I didn't have activated the option "Display Developer Mode Object Feature".

Thank you very much.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok. I have found my problem. I didn't have activated the option "Display Developer Mode Object Feature"."

Ahh yes .. Granted i did forget to add that bit
PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2021 05:08
yeah finally you add it thank you lee
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:47:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:47:49