Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2021 16:40
Hi All,

Here is the recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the answers I did not get to during the live chat session:

Q> Will there be a trial version to test it?
A> Yes we intend to have a free trial version that will allow you to try before you buy so you can be fully satisfied it will run on your Windows 10 system.

Q> Can the object highlighter thickness be reduced?
A> Please make comments below on how much you would like the highlighter increased/decreased/faded. Interested to see who likes it the way it is now.

Q> ​Can you add an easy way to deselect the last object you placed?
A> Can you provide a scenario where it is important to dehighlight the last object. We did it this way so you are always focused on one object so you can edit its properties quicker and keep the right panel always useful.

Q> Third person camera?
A> There are no plans to add a third-person camera or third-person perspective gameplay.

Q> Will GameGuru MAX have default hit reaction animations for AI and death anims?
A> Yes you will be able to hit different parts of characters and they will react to the hit at that point.

Q> Any chance to import CUSTOM MESHES as X file, and convert then to DBO, when compiling standalone?
A> GameGuru MAX is not planning direct support for X files as we feel their time has come to an end, and will eventually transition to GLTF and FBX as the primary model formats. We still have the X to DBO converter which will auto detect and convert any old X files it finds, but there are no plans to integrate the X loader directly into MAX.

Q> ​Is it possible to add vertex snapping for game objects?
A> There are no plans to add 'snap to vertex', the closest we have is the 'snap to boundbox' which you can find in the Grid Settings component of the selected object.

Thanks for all your questions, more answers next Wednesday at 4 PM BST
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2021 23:49
@ Lee
Quote: "Q> Any chance to import CUSTOM MESHES as X files, and convert them to DBO, when compiling standalone?
A> GameGuru MAX is not planning direct support for X files as we feel their time has come to an end, and will eventually transition to GLTF and FBX as the primary model formats. We still have the X to DBO converter which will auto-detect and convert any old X files it finds, but there are no plans to integrate the X loader directly into MAX.
"

So, here comes in handy GGMax scanning all existing dbo files in the entitybank folder every session, searching for changes, and updating them, this is not happening atm.

As an example, I imported a mesh, GGMax generate dbo, all is ok so far, but collision is not working for my mesh, so, I noticed fpe file telling
collisionmode = 0, so, I've changed to collisionmode = 1, save>re-open GGMax>Load my map, my mesh keeps collision OFF, why? so I guess it is because GGMax is no updating the DBO file.

So the question raise, how we are going to save changes, in a DBO file?

Thank guy, for the replies.

Great work on the particle editor , would be nice to have foam, waterfalls, etc.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2021 00:09 Edited at: 29th Jul 2021 00:11
Quote: "As an example, I imported a mesh, GGMax generate dbo, all is ok so far, but collision is not working for my mesh, so, I noticed fpe file telling"

Weird
I found any .x \ dbo models i manually copy across takes the info from the existing Classic .fpe.
( i copy the folder textures \ fpe etc )

Those i imported via the importer i select the collision mode on import ..
I will try again but which way does not work for you ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2021 01:16
@ synchro
Exactly my point is, the DBO generated by the importer feature, is no being updated when you externally do some change, let's say in the fpe file, maybe because you change your mind about that mesh, so, that change in the fpe file is no being reflected in the DBO file, at least no for me.

And if not clear yet, I'm talking about an already/well-imported mesh, then you close GGMax> go to sleep, and tomorrow you change your mind about that mesh and make some changes, the question is, how are you going to save those changes in the DBO file?

We need GGMax to always scanning every DBO file to check if it is updated, if no, then update it.

atm GGMax is not updating my changes in the DBO generated by the importer feature.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2021 05:44 Edited at: 29th Jul 2021 05:53
Hello Lee,
Great to see you were able to add a save feature to the UI, a handy option. When you get a chance, could you also see that the save feature gets added to Classic, as it's kind of a missing element to a feature already included. If applicable of course.
Greatly appreciated

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Can you provide a scenario where it is important to dehighlight the last object."

Merely a cosmetic thing really, nothing major. If taking a screenshot in editor you have to click something off camera, or even add something off camera to hide the selection for pictures. I'm just used to hitting escape in most game dev tools to de-select things.

It would be nice to see a list of every item on the map somehow though, it's very easy to lose objects in even small maps if they get complicated with objects overlapping and such. So a list to look through which will highlight the selected object in the list and even move the camera to it if you wish, would be highly useful; particularly for those lost objects that you may want to find or even delete, or even objects so covered by others that they are very difficult to select.

Fired up Max yesterday for half an hour or so and came up with this in no time Not bad and I'm still pretty unfamiliar with Max. The scene was made in no time though really and it looks pretty nice with the water washing over the ice in places.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2021 18:18
smart objects incredible good !!!
My Portfolio: https://www.mattepainting.be/
My FREE extension: https://www.stop-it.be/
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2021 12:58
Quote: "It would be nice to see a list of every item on the map somehow though, it's very easy to lose objects in even small maps if they get complicated with objects overlapping and such. So a list to look through which will highlight the selected object in the list and even move the camera to it if you wish, would be highly useful; particularly for those lost objects that you may want to find or even delete, or even objects so covered by others that they are very difficult to select."

Definitely would like to see this. So when you click on an item in the left panel it would be great to be able to cycle through each instance of the object on the map.

OldFlak....
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2021 13:05
Quote: "Q> Can the object highlighter thickness be reduced?
A> Please make comments below on how much you would like the highlighter increased/decreased/faded. Interested to see who likes it the way it is now."

To me it is too thick, and would prefer if the highlight was white.
But actually atm I just turn it off. In a complex scene (buildings for example) it seams more confusing as to what is actually being highlighted.

OldFlak....
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 3rd Aug 2021 21:43
Quote: "definitely would like to see this. So when you click on an item in the left panel it would be great to be able to cycle through each instance of the object on the map."

Completely agree - and a way to be taken to that instance (by the editor camera). Once the huge terrains come in and world size increases dramatically it is such a pain not to be able to just go there by selecting a model and going straight to it with a click or two.

Cheers
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2021 16:53
@OldFlak : I will halve the thickness of the highlighter, let's see what that looks like

@cybernescence : Sounds like a very useful feature. I have added it to our pre-release task list, and will discuss with Preben before deciding on a good implementation of this feature
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:50:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:50:53