Product Chat / imported HUGE FBX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2021 17:52
Hi, i imported a very HUGE fbx file inside gg, converted the stl file to FBX inside 3ds max, work well lol but of course the object is too heavy for game-guru so when launched the level it lag, i need to test this later on gg max
My Portfolio: https://www.mattepainting.be/
My FREE extension: https://www.stop-it.be/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2021 16:20
The biggest issue on slow down I would think would be poly collision on the whole model, including parts that don't really need such collision on them, windows, door frames, ceilings.
If when you bring it into 3ds max and can group the objects by logical uses, like floor, walls, windows, stairs. Export each of those parts separately at the same origin, then when imported into GG you an control the collision and GG will not have to struggle so much to figure it all out.

A lot more work for you, but it will make a world of difference with in the engine when complete.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2060 super 8gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 23rd Jul 2021 18:23
Quote: "The biggest issue on slow down I would think would be poly collision on the whole model, including parts that don't really need such collision on them, windows, door frames, ceilings.
If when you bring it into 3ds max and can group the objects by logical uses, like floor, walls, windows, stairs. Export each of those parts separately at the same origin, then when imported into GG you an control the collision and GG will not have to struggle so much to figure it all out.

A lot more work for you, but it will make a world of difference with in the engine when complete."

Very likely polygon collision issue. Adding this to the Fpe should make collision easier. "forcesimpleobstacle = 3"

Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 23rd Jul 2021 18:44
I've been importing huge models too (poly huge rather than size) - don't have any collision issues or lag if set to box ( collisionmode = 0 ), however it does depend on the model of course whether box collision is appropriate. So likely have to do what Myke says, or have no collision at all and then add invisible boxes and planes to reproduce collision where needed separately to the model - bit tedious though if lots of rooms and fences and such. forcesimpleobstacle = 3 is for the AI to react to the object with a full poly scan.

This is the sketchfab sourced model I was testing, 1.7 million polys and 872 thousand verts.

Cheers
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:32:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:32:24