Scripts / Drivable script for vehicles,team play for game guru project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know scripting lua so I think get help using thread

my first question is How to make drivable script for vehicles

My second question is how to make ally characters team and enemy characters team for game guru fps game project
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2021 17:54
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218283#msg2582026

That might help.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Bro
Years of Service
User Offline
How to make ally team and enemy team for my fps game
PM
Bro
Years of Service
User Offline
I have another question i have one chopper it was not divide in to parts I should like fly it in sky but I don't know please can you help
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi bro.
Are you learning the basics of script writing yet?

It's not very difficult to "fly it in sky" but when you say it's not divided we wonder if you want it to animate? It must not be animated either then? If it was divided (rotors) then that could be considered added and scripted.
Anyhow, the very most simple way is to add a very basic movement script is to use CollisionOff(e) along with a MoveForward(e, v) and probably that comes after a SetRotation(e,x,y,z) This is a good time to learn the very simple format of starting your own script from scratch;

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218073

In the main block you will have something like
CollisionOff(e) -- unlock entity movement
SetRotation(e,x,y,z) -- mostly only need to modify 'Y'
MoveForward(e, v) -- any value between ~50-500 should do it!

Sadly there's not a vertical component to MoveForward, but there is a MoveUp(e, v) LOL, so it's divided into two calls. Then there is the SetHoverFactor(e,v) which I've never tried before-- maybe I'll go see what it does??

Otherwise to properly move any object, you have to use a little more complex functions and actually it's terrific that they have been added to GG API
(x=NewXValue(current,angle,distance) -- projects a new x position from the specified angle and distance

It just might take half a book to go into depth on that. Hey, maybe you can figure it out after you've practiced and gotten to know the script format and parameters we've discussed so far. Check back with us if you get it moving.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline

BTW, just remembered AmenMoses has a system where you can "program" an entity to move assigning presets to variables in chronological order to follow any path. EasyEntityMover here;
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216730#msg2563082

Hope that helps? I can still post a very simple script if you prefer and get to a roadblock.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:42:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:42:06