Product Chat / what about this ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

Game Guru has been around now for years and I have had fun with it, it really needs some upgrades I was just wandering if anyone is working on things like going prone, being able to climb cliffs, being able to choose the loadout of a player with up to four weapons without having to pick up every single weapon. Hopefully these things will be added to Game Guru Max also ,I mean as far as I can remember these features have been apart of shooters for a very very long time . Or has everyone just giving up on Game Guru altogether?

o
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
All those features sound like basic scripting to me. Granted basic but still time consuming.
I'm no expert on weapons since my thoughts on those are I don't have the constitution to add them to my game that's about saving lives- not taking them! ( Hence the reason I'm so gloomy about TGC's over-arching agenda to shoot em up, splatter and destroy everything as fast and furious as possible.) While not providing any other features. Hence the need to learn scripting... the only positive side to the engine w/ Classic or w/ MAX!

But I found this in global.lua

for index = 1, 10 do
if WeaponID > 0 then
SetWeaponSlot ( index, WeaponID, WeaponID )
ChangePlayerWeaponID(WeaponID)
else
SetWeaponSlot ( index, 0, 0 )
end
So I think if you go to each weapon script, maybe it will give you a clue how to add it "manually" via a script like that. In other words find it's ID. I would ask in the script forums if anyone knows about that??

The cliff climbing was one I am considering adding to my game (3rd person- not 1st).

" Or has everyone just giving up on Game Guru altogether?"
I was about to ask this question as well. Probably everyone is holding their breath for MAX to be released, as it's UI features, graphics, 64 bit system, characters, terrain etc are a generation or two ahead of classic and to spend the time in classic seems non committable when in reality we can see it won't be an easy transfer over to MAX. (could it?)

Nevertheless I spend time in GG classic every single day possible! .... for my ongoing project
I just think the recent "update" might have put a monkey wrench in the engine...
I have more to look into that to determine if I must revert back to a more classic classic release.

A lot of frowns... but if I can just get my next script working-- I'm happy!
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2021 01:24
Quote: " being able to climb cliffs"

In first person or 3rd person?

You mean like animated climbing?
Store Assets - Store Link
Free Assets - Resource Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
shivers
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

Thanks for the reply's, when I say climbing I mean something like Far Cry and Turok , just realized maybe there are people here that have never played theses games I play a lot of games , and I also have a huge collection of my favorites. But there are a lot more that use the same kind of system for climbing, But I guess I'm referencing Far Cry more than any other game.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:16:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:16:05