Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2021 16:42
Hi All,

Here is a recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the answers I could not get to during our live chat:

Q> ​Will there be a UI panel that lists all entities in the scene (not types, all added entities) that also allows the editor camera to go to a chosen/clicked entity?
A> There are no plans for a panel on the left that shows a full tree/hierarchy view of every object instance in the level scene. I can see some advantages of this, but can you elaborate on specifically what you would use it for so we can determine if it is something everyone would use, thanks.

Q> Any chance to have some camera marker easily attachable to an object/AI?
A> This is not planned, but it is a good idea. Can you add this as a feature request to the issues board, with perhaps some examples of what you personally would use it for. Bear in mind the first version will focus on first-person shooter gameplay.

Q> Will MAX have more sculpting tools for more accurate terrain drawing and also save features.
A> There are no plans to have 'editor controlling scripts' in GameGuru MAX. All controls are through the UI widgets and panels, with no automation available. We are hoping that the UI we design will allow the convenience to create what you want without resorting to complex systems, though there will be some edge cases we would not be able to cover. If you can describe some of the scenarios where an editor script would be essential, please let us know!

Thanks for your many questions, I will speak to you all again next Wednesday 4 PM GMT
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 7th Jul 2021 18:05
Hi Lee

Quote: "Q> ​Will there be a UI panel that lists all entities in the scene (not types, all added entities) that also allows the editor camera to go to a chosen/clicked entity?
A> There are no plans for a panel on the left that shows a full tree/hierarchy view of every object instance in the level scene. I can see some advantages of this, but can you elaborate on specifically what you would use it for so we can determine if it is something everyone would use, thanks."

When people get to the stage of building large worlds in GG Max, especially with the huge terrain spaces to come, it will be massively helpful to be able to search a table of all instance of entities, then click on a selection and for the editor camera to whiz over to the 3D world space where the entity resides. Trawling back and forward in free flight view over large spaces is a royal pain. It is also a great help when things get 'lost' in a map, but this is a minor part of it. Please don't this put you off considering the idea , but Unreal has this and I've found it so very useful with large space world building I thought I'd raise it. I got so use to using this feature in Unreal that I built it into the old source code of GG Classic so I can use it all the time in whichever engine I'm using.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a hugely embellished tree/hierarchy feature - as long as the entity table can be searched (like can be done when adding entities now), then a long list works fine. Here's a very quick video showing the concept in my fork of GGC.

Cheers
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2021 20:13
Quote: "Q> Any chance to have some camera marker easily attachable to an object/AI?
A> This is not planned, but it is a good idea. Can you add this as a feature request to the issues board, with perhaps some examples of what you personally would use it for. Bear in mind the first version will focus on first-person shooter gameplay."
[quote=]

Done.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/1232

Thank you for the replies.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
the_blob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2021 22:13
About the MAX auto updater. Last week the update was roughly 10 GB. For a download that big I usually run the computer overnight, but there is a dialog box that warns about deleted files. Could we benefit from having a "Don't show this again" check box so that the update can continue without interruption?
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Q> Will MAX have more sculpting tools for more accurate terrain drawing and also save features.
A> There are no plans to have 'editor controlling scripts' in GameGuru MAX. All controls are through the UI widgets and panels, with no automation available. We are hoping that the UI we design will allow the convenience to create what you want without resorting to complex systems, though there will be some edge cases we would not be able to cover. If you can describe some of the scenarios where an editor script would be essential, please let us know!"

don't think you're answering the right question there?
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
@3com;

Are you requesting a split-screen feature for MAX?

Interesting if so, but if just normal camera-- even though scripting it would be very simple, and you request it tied to UI settings for everybody... scripts would still have to be created to time/ interact with the events (unless there's some other mechanic proposed or already available to do that)?
"I cannot recreate it in the video, since this feature does not exist in GGMax yet." Are you saying move Camera(XYZ) and move Light(XYZ) scripts are not working in MAX or split-screen feature is not in?

@smallg
"don't think you're answering the right question there?"
Hard to tell if this is directed at custom UI? Anyhow yeah, there are a few brushes that would help build terrain. Then a very useful copy and paste built terrain would easily satisfy the request. Since GGMAX is fully realized via C++ any options for features are on the table-- with the proper implementation knowledge.
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 8th Jul 2021 17:56
You know what would be very nice if we can have the same rocks as the Artic rocks , but just in normal rock colors not just artic
the Artic rock formation looks very nice i would just like to see it also in normal rock colors.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2021 19:19
And also desert rocks, sandstone in colour, maybe some with moss on them too.. Max is improving very well now, can't wait to see the terrain work, how much longer
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Roland D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth. Samson Graphite 49 Midi Controller Keyboard
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I don't have MAX so I was wondering if these rocks where a re-tweak of the jungle rocks? It sounds like no. The rocks are nice, but not so common of a rock color, and with snow only good as single use type. Wouldn't that be a super trick if we could paint on objects w/snow, w/moss or w/sand. Then any single items would be dual/ multiple use for jungle or winter or after a sand storm.

I see that LeadWerks has an interesting feature to add snow effect to terrain...
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2021 21:37
@GubbyBlips
I just want another camera to play with, as stated in the GitHub thread, if you re-read it, you will get most info about it thru the fearlesswee's post.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2021 22:03
Its easily remedied

Just change the snow texture parts to grass or sand. On the rock textures this should then look like it has sand or grass or whatb ever you wish mayb copy paste some of the rock over the snow
This can be done on paint net or gimp both free and isneasily done
job done

I
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2021 18:27
The new assets look great! Just watch out for the material indexes as it sounds like grass footsteps when you're climbing the watchtower in the vid. Would be an awful shame to see hundreds of assets provided without all the i's dotted and t's crossed (like in the mega pack that came with GG Classic).

AE
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2021 10:19
can we have a skydome, sky animated?
My Portfolio: https://www.mattepainting.be/
My FREE extension: https://www.stop-it.be/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:55:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:55:46