Scripts / MCS Movement Control Script for Non-Coders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2021 21:07
Several months ago I alluded to the release of my MCS Movement Control Script for non-coders. Sorry for the delay, but I decided to add two new features, and that took a bit of time. So here it is...

MCS Movement Control Script
By GoDevil

Today I am announcing the release of a new Game Guru LUA script designed to allow non-coders to quickly create movement and sound control for GG Classic*. This script is provided as public domain. You are free to use the script without cost. Please note that beyond the included operators manual, there is no additional support provided.

* Not yet tested on GG Max

The MCS script can be attached to non-static entities in Game Guru, allowing the developer to control movements of the entity during game play. The script also includes the ability to move the camera (player) along with the moving entity, allowing the developer new and exciting ways to develop interesting games.

MCS is designed for non-coders. All of the code needed to perform the movements is already complete. The game developer simply enters step by step information, such as direction, speed, ascend/descend rates, turns, sounds, and other controls. Once each of the movement steps has been entered, the resulting script is attached to the non-static entity in the Game Guru editor. During game play the entity can be activated based upon how the movement sequence controls have been set-up.

Because there are no changes to the base code, the script can be copied, renamed, and new information added. Thus many entities can be controlled within the same game.

If you would like to get an idea of some of the things that can be done there is an old video in my YouTube account. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMp-i-scfIQ

"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 10, 8GB ram, GTX 1060 2GB ram

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bluemeenie195
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't wait to try this !
Thank you so much
PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2021 22:36
A big thank you, it's great
Pink Panther
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much GoDevils! Looks fantastic!
PM
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2021 17:49
Many thanks to AmenMoses and Smallg for there many helpful answers over the years. I gave Amen a shout-out in the operators manual for helping me with the sound controls.
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 10, 8GB ram, GTX 1060 2GB ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:32:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:32:43