TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2021 16:40 Edited at: 17th Mar 2021 16:41
Hi All,

Here is the recording of the live broadcast that went out today:

And here are the answers to questions not answered live in the chat:

Q> Will there be a cutscene editor?
A> There are no plans for a cut-scene editor, but I encourage you to check out CineGuru, it's awesome!

Q> ​Also when steam release?
A> There are no release dates for a Steam release, it is currently an open development date.

Q> Will Max have the ability to create Survival type games?
A> We will be focusing on shooter, RPG and puzzle, so I imagine a survival game could spawn from these mehanics.

Q> When we can see a Build that we can build games with only few bugs ??
A> If you want a bug-free experience, I recommend holding off on using the Friday builds until further notice. We will be some time before we can green light you for making entire complete games with no bugs.

Q> What is the current poly limit for importing meshes into GGMax? And will this be capped moving forward?
A> We increased support to 32-bit index buffers, so you can now import models with hundreds of thousands of polygons if you wish. We would not recommend that however as game engines prefer smaller models and then instance them to populate your scenes. We are some way off handing a computer fifty million polygons per model and letting it sort out the performance for us.

Q> ​Any chance of an easy 3D object maker tool for the three dimensionally challenged?
A> There are no plans to build a 3D modeller inside MAX, we will focus on what happens to great models when they arrive in MAX. For the creation itself, it is absolutely fine to shop round asset stores and bring in the art and assets you need for your games

Q> The character creator will remain the same or will get more features like clothes , facial features . . . ??
A> We are planning some additional enhancements to the character creator, but not a huge amount. If you are waiting for a character creator that rivals a AAA RPG game, then this will not be happening. In this case the best option is to find a character making tool and then export your creation into MAX.

Q> Is gameguru compatible with a specific FBX version for animated models?
A> We will be supporting the latest version of AssImp, so we abide by the FBX variants supported by that tool. We will of course be testing the most common FBX models from the popular asset stores of the day to make sure we offer decent import support.

Thanks everyone for your questions and I look forward to answering more next week!
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2021 17:48
Thanks for answering my question about grouping/prefabs, happy to hear that feature is being developed further

Quote: "A> There are no plans for a cut-scene editor, but I encourage you to check out CineGuru, it's awesome!"

For those that missed it, this is Cine|Guru [/shameless plug]

AE
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2021 23:02
How long will the prefab grouping take extra to develop and put back production of max?
all these little extras add up months and months when the engine and its functions should take higher priority before button extras. This was what happened before. Very good to have these but you can and have lived without them. Thats what frustrates my gears. Im. All for this but after production. Can you say you cant have an engine without them. You did before

If its a half weeks work or a day. fair enough but 2 to 3 weeks putting the engine behind is not right. priorities will be completely wrong if is the case
This is not up for an argument just a point of view. Every one is entitled to them
Peace to all
sb
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2021 01:36 Edited at: 18th Mar 2021 01:37
@science boy
I know what you mean but do not worry. Firstly Lee is not talking about adding this right now.
No current development work will be stopped just to add this feature. Many area's of max are being worked on by the development team in conjunction with each other so its not just Lee this time round.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2021 08:23
@ Synchromesh

Thanks for straightening out my concern all good

Sb
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:04:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:04:41