Product Chat / Max Character Creator. What would you like to see?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all. I've been pratting about with Daz Studio a little. It's really impressive but at the same time practically useless It makes me think of what the CC in Max could potentially offer, at least to some degree. What would you like to see in the finished version?

I made these in a few minutes and I know practically nothing about the package, but that's it's strength I wonder if we could ever get close to this in Max, bar the fact these are rendered and not real time images. The realtime images are not as good but still fairly recognisable. The original CC has a face option, but not quite in this league

Can you recognise these two ladies? I did try a Putin one as well, but oddly it looked a little weird, the hair does help mask some issues. I think he looked a lot younger possibly, plus the fact there's not any crew cut hair styles available and bald didn't cut it at all.

Couldn't use these as finished models in a game though, Daz is free but ultimately if you want to use any models made as actual models and not just renders you need to splash out a lot of cash. Not that you could get away with using famous peoples faces as I have here, without a big pocket book, but the potential for realistic characters is there. I was expecting a lot of work to get faces in but it was literally a couple of clicks!
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2021 00:45
This I would like to see:

I would like to have the ability to customized textures, add FIRESPOT to my custom chars, attach stuff to the chars, and why not, a diversity of chars to choose from, anyway, first those guys has to develop a fully functional char system, though.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2021 01:14
I would love to see a basic model of each head torso legs feet arms
So modellers can template in a model program and work attachments and start to create parts and then place in the creator
This can really unleash the possibility of many different characters
Also can sell in the store the parts made which will again unleash many characters the creator is looking good but it needs more variety.

Maybe tthey can make a lot more head types or if we can add our own heads alas probably to complicated to add speech.

The characters also need to be able to move around a lot better it was embarrassing how they stuck on corners but thats more ai

Also be able to drop. Your own models in and be able to assign animations to the ai and save
This will help. With none biped like birds dogs slime horses etc. As many will have their own animations

So. In a nutshell
. Templates to help make parts
. Make heads more of
. Better ai and movement
. Assign ai and animation to own models
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2021 01:22
IIRC Lee said something about providing attachment templates plus some info on how to model own char parts in GGMax, I'm waiting for the best times to coming.

memory mark 2584.8

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol. Yes it's very impressive indeed, but even in Unreal it's a bit hoggy At least from what I've heard, not tried it myself as I have next to no hdd space available. I have about 3 games left plus a few packages including Substance, which I was silly enough to buy and found it not quite what I though I also found out you can get it for free, which was a tad annoying. It was very expensive even on offer! Now I have a legit paid for version that is probably well out of date

But yeah, would be nice indeed. I'd be happy with a compromise in-between myself Metahuman is defo next gen stuff. I'd be happy with control over the body shape and as above a way to add realistic faces really easily. Plus of course a decent selection of clothing, or at least a way to purchase outfits that work np.

Doesn't work as well as the ladies, skin does not match at all, but still fairly recognisable, even with the bad hair day
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2021 01:47 Edited at: 18th Feb 2021 01:48
Ah last message I saw was from 3com.

But yes, Honkeyboy, I agree. More custom parts are a must, especially if we can't have sliders for fatness/muscularity as in more advanced packages, which I doubt. Although I'm sure it would be possible to a degree, although that would for certain make it the province of top artists only to make the meshes Although that's not an issue, I will never make a biped character that looks even remotely human!

If we had this sort of tech of course heads are near automatic. The heads alone would be awesome with enough body styles to suit

Anims would for certain be great to be able to add in some way, rather than relying on the same list for every character. It's great what you can do with fuse in that regard, but would be really nice to have a way to add custom ones somehow, without having to rig stuff. Can't see why pre-rigged bodies shouldn't be able to be custom animated somehow. It seems fairly standard these days, although I wouldn't even want to imagine what coding it would be like!
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2021 02:08
Pr just a really good importer for MakeHuman. One that really is import with one click.

MakeHuman is completely not compareable to metahuman. But you can do much with slider and the resault is nhnot the baddest on earth.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sanguis I have a feeling that is something that may be planned Only a feeling, not heard anything beyond the previews on Youtube and what I have read here. It wouldn't be the first time I was disappointed of course, but being able to add in makehuman models that can be animated without fuss, either by selecting anims or possibly making them in some way, or both, would be awesome

I have tried Makehuman models using fuse, but they don't quite work, at least from my limited experiments. The shoulders normally look a little odd.

Another pic, this time totally random, sort of, I severely doubt you will recognise him. He may well be related to the person I was searching for of course and it might just be me who doesn't recognise him. Works a bit better than the above attempt.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Another try, this one is not even close, but still fine for a face Amazing what hair does to make people recognisable.

Still interested if you actually recognise anyone I have posted here. I was quite pleased with the results mainly, but it's always an advantgae knowing the answer We can make it a game lol, PM me with your guesses and I will post a winner or joint winner later I will add a few more famous faces and see what happens. Perhaps I can give a script or something as a prize.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Last one for the night. Not quite right, teeth are sort of added to the lips but close enough

Definitely seems to be more female biased and a lot easier to make them look correct than men in the main.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline

Defo not accurate, but can't complain.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline

This one sort of works.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2021 18:51
Quote: " I've been pratting about with Daz Studio a little. It's really impressive but at the same time practically useless "

Do you try Mekehuman?

memory mark 2584.8

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I have used it a few times, it's very good as well.

Did this demo in AGK using it for the audience.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2021 22:09
Nice scene,
Where is the popcorn? LOL

memory mark 2584.8

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
some of those would fit in a horror movie
it has he same issue that GG classic's character creator does in that the face just looks wrong cos it's way more detailed than anything else...

personally i'd rather see a more modular approach to the character and just do styles rather than trying to give lots of pointless details or add photo faces.
more like the sims style of character creation where you are dressing up a person from preset assets (easily expandable) and the sliders should be more general things like height and size(s) which means you are just scaling parts of the body so then the clothes should scale too.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@3com. Way too much extra work You could provide your own with this though and enjoy one of 3 random films included. It also has random adverts at the start, which work well as I added about 90 odd minutes of em I originally made it to show how AGK can do this sort of thing fairly easily, whereas GG's animated sprite sheets are no match for long vids. Also works with sound out the box I'd link a demo, but as it contains 3 full movies probably not a good idea. I need a few that are fine to distribute first, one of them is fine though, as it never got registered for copyright.

@smallg. Yes, some of the faces are a bit startling lol. Ronald Reagan is probably the worst of em. I didn't bother adding clothing beyond the default stuff, but it can look pretty good as well. You would need to spend a bit of money to get a decent selection though and not worth it unless I can use the finished models other than renders. Some work pretty well though and are very recognisable. Iray can be pretty spooky when you compare the original model to the final render One of them is actually me, although it appears to have taken a few years and pounds off me, lol.
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2021 17:49
I'm thinking.... perhaps soon no CC is needed.
I read that Epic will not only intekrate their MetaHuman in UE, they even want bring it as browser app in the next month.

Does anybody know how it will export and what License?
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not a huge fan of ultra realistic humans in games. Sorry, I'm an old traditionalist bloke. Knowing they can hardly be distinguished from the real thing, and should be in full-on Movies, is kinda creepy.
Quote; "According to its creators, outlandish creations or more cartoony characters will be difficult to make. Players may be able to recreate Pokemon towns in Unreal, but they won't be able to do the characters justice, even with MetaHuman."

I don't know that I would ever ask for pokemon, but I'm wondering since they own Fortnite, do they not want to support that lower realism, more 'gamey' style of character? Do they fear some competition@fortnite? lol Variety in MetaHuman will probably come later.
All the more reason to get GGMAX out as soon as possible to follow this popular trend. Competition is a good thing.

Maybe a niche for GGMAX CC will be to fill those areas of specialty creature-- (not to remove the human form, but to include more exotic creations), at least to an extent, or have a system where artists can offer their renditions of a variety of forms. That would be cool, that would be beneficial all around.
PM
fearlesswee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2021 23:59
My dream version of the CC is more or less what we have now, but with sliders for height, fat, muscularity, and a simple face editor sorta like what the fallout games have. (The face would have key areas rigged to bones, for example the nose, cheekbones, chin, etc., and using sliders you can adjust the position of them to shape entirely unique faces.)

I'd also really like to see emotional flexes, so a character isn't staring at you deadpanned while happily congratulating you for finishing a quest, or sadly telling you they lost their favorite sword. Their eyes should also have some random movements for added realism and making them feel less like a wax mannequin staring at you constantly.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sanguis. I'm not sure about Metahuman as yet not gone further than watch a quick video of it. It's for certain a nice looking tool for Unreal users, not sure how they will transfer to other engines; if that is allowed, some stuff is only for use in Unreal and some is allowed in other engines. Will be checking in on progress every so often with Metahuman.

@Gubbybips. That's a personal preference of course. Sometimes though, you do need a least semi-realistic people Oh and I couldn't say for certain, but think Epic did put up some Fortnite (or similar) toons up for free, just you can only use them in Unreal. Which is fair enough really.

@fearlesswee. Yes having options like that would be excellent. Lee has stated that it will never be that complicated though I think the closet Max will have is a selection of body types to choose from. If there's a good variety, that will automatically fits clothes for all shapes, then it's almost as good. Perhaps it will scupper any ideas of characters putting on weight or getting ripped in a gym in game of course, without some way of switching meshes in game. But that would be a pretty advanced game to be using Max for.

Agree on emotions on faces as well, perhaps that could be added in some way, just by having a mood option or even better several moods while talking. Set a face to look happy and make it talk and it will look mostly ok. Same for any mood really so much more in the realms of possibility than totally unique bodies. Just a few settings for each state, if the face has bones for that of course.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 02:20:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 02:20:34