Off Topic / Character Creations apps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
You might or might not be aware that I am the developer of "Dickie A Cumming" - a very adult-only game available on Steam.

Well, now that my next games ("Freedom! Do or Die" and "Red Mist: Rivers of Blood") are sitting happily on Steam, I have begun work on "Dickie A Cumming: The Prequel" while I wait for Max. This will be an interactive visual novel with a daunting number of branches, twigs and twiglets. If I were a mathematical wiz I would doubtless agree this is an impossible task for one lifetime. Fortunately, maths was my worst subject and I am blissfully ignorant! But, I digress...

I am looking for an app that I can use to create human figures, customise them and easily pose them, before taking a screenshot. I have tried Makehuman but, while you can download poses, the defaults are limited. And the textures aren't very good quality. Many years ago, I had Poser 9. I can't remember what it was like but it won't run on my Windows 10 laptop.

Anyway, can someone please recommend an app?
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Poser 12 is available which should work fine on Windows 10.
https://www.posersoftware.com/
If your familiar with it then that's the way to go.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
DazStudio - https://www.daz3d.com/
I have an Indie Game Developer License and I want to say that this is a very good tool (DAZ3D), although at the moment this type of license is not available, but if you want to use model renders and not the models themselves in your game, then you do not need such a license.
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
OK. Thanks for the tips. I'll look into those.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:57:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:57:39