3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Fast Zombies like Slow Zombies?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Evil Within
Posted: 20th Jan 2021 14:45
Hello, everyone. Is there any way to convert Fast Zombies models and their way of behaviour (walking, attack) to this one from Slow Zombies? Sunglasses Zombie and Headband Zombie (these ones with 70's afros) looks quite similar to standard fast female zombie (modzombie01) - the same with police officers (similar to office zombies), so I guess I need to do some changes or modifications in their rigs/skeletons (because in fragMotion every model have pre-programmed animations - or at least I understand it that way), but I may be wrong - that's why I ask for any tips or solution to make this conversion possible (I'm trying to make horror based on survival & sneaking and fast-paced zombies don't appeal to me at all). Can anyone help me with solutions or direct me on the right path?
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
I doubt any GG stock zombie character models are rigged any different than another.

*?< Oooops. I guess I was wrong. >!* Some behave as if they are. Zombies are NOT
my thing!

The .FPE file contains a list of the animations you can assign for various actions (to move for example). But these steps might get you near the task, but it doesn't complete the task. The scripts are the same, ((different names but contain the same instructions.)) I notice the speed (100 vs 300) is set differently in each of them. I guess nobody answered because you probably actually have to modify animations. But first try various animation sequences that you want @ .FPE file to see if any fit close enough for your needs.
You probably already know GG has to be restarted after an .FPE modification.

Female Zombie Office-
anim0 = 2552,2603;idle
anim1 = 300,318 ;move <<<<<----------
anim2 = 2981,3034;bite
anim3 = 2984,2990;hurt

Headband Zombie;
anim0 = 210,234 ;idle
anim1 = 533,603 ;move <<<<<----------
anim2 = 683,722 ;bite
anim3 = 686,692 ;hurt

PM
joker8090
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2021 18:53 Edited at: 25th Jan 2021 18:56
I think replacing sequences in FPE editor won't help at all, because fragMotion has full preview of the animation for the 3D model - despite having pre-programmed standard animations for basic soldiers (like throwing grenade, swimming, crouching, holding a pistol etc.), Slow Zombies and Fast Zombies have different "designed" animations for themselves (walking, attacking etc.), and these values are different for various types of object. I'm not surprised that I need to modify these animations (maybe export meshes and animations from one to another or replace rigged skeletons?), but the point is I don't know how to do it in technical way - that's why I'm looking for help. Despite basic theoretical knowledge I don't even know what programs can help me to achieve this goal - I'm quite new in general 3D topic :/
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I got that after I started plinking with it. Though I'm just about the furthest
person for asking this question, you already know more than I do! But I do think
-if it's even possible to teach an old dog/ (character) new tricks/ (animations) you
have the proper tool in fragMotion? - >IF<
PM
joker8090
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2021 13:15
Well, I guess this topic can be closed - I found solution inside FRAGmotion: there's tool to merge animation from different models, witch bones matching and comparison. I just had to delve deeper into the program - so sorry to bother anyone. And thank you for your answers, @GubbyBlips - maybe someday another user will be looking for the same trouble I already resolved. Have a good day

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:17:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:17:09