Product Chat / [SOLVED] EBE issue?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone. I wanted to open this thread because I don't know if no one has ever noticed but this strange bug has always remained. Basically painting the floor with the predefined textures, when you change the first texture to another (not with all it does), the texture is changed perfectly. Then, when exiting EBE mode, the old texture is overwritten. Maybe I missed something about it or I don't know, but I wanted to bring it back in case anyone had an explanation for this

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
This would be best asked in the EBE section but once you change the texture are you Re-Saving it once you exit the editor ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
pippo92
Years of Service
User Offline
oops, sorry if I posted in the wrong section. If you want to move the thread to the right section I'm glad. Anyway yes, after that overwrite bug I saved, closed and reopened gameguru and when I loaded the .fpm test file the bug remains. I don't know what it depends on. I know the first texture slot has that problem. then others but not all.
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2021 11:43
You need to save your EBE structure after changes but also your map otherwise it will load the old structure without those changes you made.
pippo92
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, i tried this too but it doesn't seem to be resolved. But I found the solution. I'd like to share it with you in case it happens to anyone, it's a rare bug but you never know. ok, after several attempts I tried to do various tests, I first tried to make a backup in a separate hard disk of gameguru and then bring all the packs, weapons, entities, etc. there. Then I downloaded it to steam gameguru again, so it was clean without errors. I then went back to using the gameguru backup to try to use the EBE, thinking that if it was far from steam maybe it would fix. Immediately nothing was resolved as I suspected when it was time to replace a texture with one of my own, the textures overwritten one on top of the other. so i tried to go and use the new downloaded steam gameguru EBE and get the default textures of the new clean install, and miraculously the textures were all fine. So what did I do to fix the corrupt old EBE backup? from the old backup EBE I made sure that it was going to take the textures from the new installation, and now the EBE of the backup version has also been fixed. I still don't know what the cause of this bug was, perhaps a corruption of some EBE texture, or file, during an old update from years ago (the problem is I've always had it for three years but I managed to use the slots in which the textures did not overwrite). So thank you for being available, I hope this system can be useful to someone in case it happens to someone in the future.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like you just needed to Verify your installation via Steam.
You may have had a few corrupt files.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2021 11:11
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
It works as intended here, after saving the changes made to textures are kept.
Might you be using an older version of GG? because the bug you speak of was present in an early version but fixed in 2017.
Then it was indeed the case that a structure lost the textures because the default palette was loaded instead of the palette with which the structure was saved.

The best thing to do when you encounter a possible bug like this is to create a little video to show what is happening so we can try to replicate it.
It certainly will help Lee with fixing that possible bug.
pippo92
Years of Service
User Offline
yes that's right, that's correct. I also thought of a similar thing related to an old update from years ago in which the default textures were written. And with syncrhomesh's explanation that steam probably failed to verify some files, it will have made them corrupt. now everything seems to be solved. I'm sorry I didn't give you any video, but I'm not very practical with the forum when it comes to attaching videos or image files (I don't know how to create a video tag, or an image tag, maybe copying a url and pasting it here? rulebook guidelines said something like it was best to use tags via forum chat). But I tried to attach 3 images to it before I published the post but in the end it only let me upload one, and although I then published the post with the image attached, the image is not there LOL. Anyway thanks a lot synchromesh and Earthling45
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:10:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:10:09