Product Chat / Questions for Lee from us

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2020 16:08 Edited at: 14th Oct 2020 16:23
Figure we have so many little questions and it would be great if answers were visible to everyone who looks. So aim going to post some questions here in hope Lee will touch on them for the community's benefit.

So far the understanding we have is GG Max's multi = 1 map of any size (how big?) 8 player deathmatch, no scripts, no steam needed, etc.

- Map Sizes?
Lee mentioned 64 bit and cell expansion for map sizes - does this help with loading large maps into ram bit by bit as needed? What scope can a large single level standalone games be?

- Are largest maps going to work in multiplayer?
Map size becomes crucial, since you have said level select or multiple levels arent a thing for standalone multiplayer titles. Thus, the aim is to let us create single level standalone games - an interesting challenge. Will mp levels work properly when at max size (which is?)

- Multiplayer standalones with one level?
Multiplayer standalone titles are to be one level without scripts. So we cannot make a traditional mp shooter with GG Max, but instead have to try to make a 1 map standalone multiplayer game. If we accept this limit, are we allowed to expect GG Max to be a strong engine for making standalone 8p deathmatch games with one very large map?

- Particles?
How will particles be able to be summoned aside from as static objects -- can they be attached to moving objects, can they be summoned on trigger (ie gunshot or impact, or map event trigger), etc?

Ask your own here, I know the dev team welcomes the involvement.

Cheers
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Why did you not ask on the live feed ?
Every Wednesday at 4pm GMT, you missed one an hour ago.
They just wont get read here

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Cobbs
Years of Service
User Offline
I got in right at the end Lee told me to post this here just so, when answered, folks in the community can read it too.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:44:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:44:33