Product Chat / GGX New Entities and Marker selection not an improvement!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2020 23:05

I know this is a Beta, but it is clearly an early Beta with a lot more work to be done before this is a solid product. Still I like most of the changes and updates, except the system for the selection of Entities and Markers.

In my Game Guru Classic Entitybank I have over 80 different folders. In GGC we have a simple list of these folders, so I can move to and select the specific folders I want to work with. The new GGX system requires you to scroll through the entity folders, displaying the thumbnails for each entity in that folder. For me this makes it more difficult and time consuming to find the folder and entities I want. I use subfolders which makes it even more difficult.

Further, getting to and selecting the markers is also more difficult. You must first select the Entity +, and then select markers. In GGC there is a simple Markers Button right there at the top. Extra steps and extra clicks does make this a better system. Just because something may look impressive, does not make it better or more efficient.

"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 10, 8GB ram, GTX 1060 2GB ram
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to agree, while I like the new entity search function and how you can view the object before you select it. There should be some way to collapse the folders. I'm also sitting at a huge amount of entities and scrolling from the top to bottom takes a comical amount of time. Maybe there already is a way and I've just missed it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:08:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:08:20