Scripts / [SOLVED] Does a ~Projectile script~ that can be edited in properties exist?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Not requesting it. But since Lee says they are not planning one....and I cannot find one...has anyone made a projectile script that can be edited in "Properties" mode, that can allow say a golf ball to be edited (like speed, gravity range etc)?. One that can be dragged and dropped onto any object, that can be simply edited... to give an enemy or player Arrows, canon balls, or lasers like in StarWars.

For the life of me I can't understand WHY this is not already a feature!... It should be a no-brainer that THIS is EXACTLY a real feature that would GENUINELY make GameGuruMax WAAAAYYYY Better...... and why they are not even interested in implementing it is crazy.
Anyway; if one already exist... could someone please leave a link
Cheers guys.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2020 19:47

You can do that sort of thing with scripting if that's any good.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Phodis
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi AmenMoses, that is exactly the kind of thing that I think should be inncorperated into GameGuru. If I were able to I would script this kind of thing but it is way beyond me. I can't understand why it is that .... for example... an arrow with physics is not a selectable in game object. Selectable in the sense that it could be assigned to an enemy, or a player... then the attributes like range etc etc be simly edited in its properties... also to drop in say a different model for the projectile... heck.. we could make SOOOOO many more games with this!!...
EG.. firing a full size rocket.... golf balls... lasers... arrows etc etc... if this ever becomes available as a purchasable add on I will be first in line.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2020 21:14 Edited at: 29th Jul 2020 21:15
GG is geared towards first person shooters and all the built in weapons system stuff shows that. The weapons system is pretty darn good for what it does but for anything else you have to resort to scripting and this is unlikely to change any time soon.

Script attached but unlikely to be of any use unless you understand how it works and can adapt it!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Phodis
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Actually this looks pretty good
The one thing about LUA is it's kind of understandable for the most part when reading it... not so much so when actually trying to create it!... thank you very much I will look right into it!!.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"if that's any good."
LOL Rats!
Really good. Super good. Indecently good.
Yoda says; "Personal tutor, in house- invitation- you have."
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:10:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:10:28