Off Topic / Making A Full Game off the Unreal Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First thing this first person shooter game is going to be way way different then the other games I have ever played before.
I know Arma 3 had a lot to offer but it never had it all. There was a lot of problems on Armor 3 the movements for the players making it so realistic and making it so slow to play.

Also battlefield 3 and 4 we're very good games as well but the only limit they really had was you cannot get out of the map to go to a long distance sniping place or fly away from the area far away distance.
Including call of Duty had it's own problems to it had too much small Maps or smaller they use the same buildings in each and other maps they actually made the same objects from the other games. also they didn't change the weapons they just add on some color to make it different than the others.

World War 3 was a pretty good game but it also had there bad views and gameplay. When they came out with World world 3 the player control was crappy for the first part then they came out with the updates they got a little better but no one wanted to play it.
So I came up with an idea i'm not going to leave any country out they're going to be teams and uniforms from all around the world there are going to be maps that will look like from all around the world very opened different ideas like a shipment yard a boat dock place a container yard,jungle warfare, winter Warfare, desert Warfare, urban Warfare all around the world.

Water that you can swim in to go to different Islands boats that you can drive to go to different Islands, and a lot of people that make games stick with 1 theme and that's what was the problem with the first person shooters after all. They never gave the community a chance to give them good pointers on what they want to see in their own first person shooter game that they will be playing probably for a very long time.
I will say this that it will have its own map editor and even mod tools even though it will also have and Auntie cheap program hooked up to it as well and being updated every week there will be flyable Jets drivable vehicles and submarines that shoots torpedoes and boat from these days including aircraft carriers that are going to be drivable as well.

I'm not going to stick to one theme i'm going to give my community it all out Warfare even though battlefield never came out with their multiplayer Co-op our game I will have multiplayer Co-op so you can play with 89 players fighting against bots that might actually give you a good fight, advantage secure rush team Deathmatch deathmatch capture the flag king of the Hill and team King of the Hill.

I want to bring out so much the mappers and even the modders will not get bored on the item selection and the different ideas you could do with a map. Also there will be different color Scopes iron sights added on to all the weapons and the weapons are all unlocked and even you could host your own server and your own Maps even your own mods.

If any one for this community that wants to Join me and be a team Post a replay and Ill send you info I'm looking for 3D modelers and 3D animators and there will be pay!
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2020 17:20 Edited at: 15th Jul 2020 04:54
I have approved your post as you offer payment to people you want to work with, so its not an ordinary team request.

As for your project idea, hey man, its great to have ambitions and I think all of us start out with the best game we can dream up in mind, just maybe consider that all those games you mention to be lacking in what your vision of your project is where made by very experienced developers, costing millions of dollars and where developed in a very long time span.

Here is a good thing to do in preparation: Before you embark on your journey to craft the bestest online fps ever, do this: Make a map that looks relatively decent (at first, you can just use UE's assets for this.) Add the following gameplay: A working gun, a working enemy (this enemy can not be default mannequin) and a door that opens when you press "e".) Just see if you can do this first.

The likelihood of an unexperienced indie dev making something that is even remotely comparable to Arma 3 or Battlefield 4 is as remote as having a beneficial mutation from radiation exposure...so I guess its not totally impossible but extremely unlikely.

Especially the net code and optimization needed for that massive co-op your planning! Ooooh wee! Good luck with that one!

If you have never made a game before, you might want to start with something simpler because otherwise this will just be crushingly frustrating. But hey good luck!
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
welcome, it might be a good idea to include some games you have made or worked as part of a team on before for people to take this seriously... simply having a dream game is nice and all but the real chances of such an ambitious project happening are slim to none if you are new to game dev.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:58:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:58:31