Product Chat / [LOCKED] GG Max Initial Comments

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2020 19:19
I've been playing with GGMax for about a week. Here are some initial comments..

Love the new interface, but with a few exceptions...

The entity selection display is going to be a problem, It seems that it is intended to display all folders as well as what's in the folder. That's fine now when we have only a few entity choices. However, for people like myself who has dozens of folders and hundreds of entities, having everything display all at once will make finding things confusing. I much prefer the closed folders (like the current GG) which can then be opened as needed.

Also, there is a need for an “Entity Mode” button on the menu display. There is a button now which says “Entity Mode”, but that takes you to the Terrain editing more. The Entity Mode in the drop down menu works correctly, but a short cut button is needed.

Love the new Character properties, and the easy way to select the characters actions. Also the new Way Point system is cool, but there remains a problem using a set of Way Points to walk up stairs or step up onto a flat horizontal surface and follow the Way Point path on that new surface (not the terrain). (I intend to comment on this further in a separate post)

I noted a statement (I think by Lee) that the intention is to have GG Max fully backward compatible so that GG Classic maps can be opened and edited by GG Max. This is a big issue to me since I have several large maps that I want to continue in GG Max.

Moving my very large set of Entity Bank models to GG Max will be a difficult process. Would help if some one could create an automated system to merge the GG Max and GG Classic “File” folders.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry we are trying to keep alpha comments to the Alpha Release Thread
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221749
You can copy and paste it in ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:25:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:25:58