Product Chat / characters from character creator in standalone not visible

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2020 17:23
I still have problems with standalone making.. i made some alien characters in the creator, and use them in my game.
but if i make a standalone the characters are invisible.. they are shooting at me, but you can not see them.
i checked the standalone and transfer the characters by hand, but that is also not working.
anyone any ideas for me??? what i am missing..or doing wrong..

Harry
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2020 22:13
Best if you post a zip with your character parts, or a sample of them with watermarks, as from the raw files I am sure someone will make the corrections necessary to get them visible
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2020 22:18 Edited at: 21st May 2020 22:19
these are from the character creator in Game guru...
i made them in the character creator in GG then saved...
they work in testgame, but not in standalone
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Harry
Are these new mate or ones on an old map ?
If they are old just try a quick basic blank standalone with new ones ( just to eliminate and see where you stand )
If they are new and giving issues have you tried the old verify and reboot ?

I just tried an old and new and they seem ok for me.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Solar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2020 09:18
I also experienced this randomly with the standalone at times. With my game, the stock uzi-soldier character would be visible for about the first three levels, and then from the fourth level (quite a big level) and up, the uzi-soldier would become invisible.

Okay, so I experimented first with hand-copying over the uz-soldier files, did not solve the problem. Then I remembered that I had standalonefreememorybetweenlevels=1 in my setup file. I changed that to standalonefreememorybetweenlevels=0, and after testing it for a while, it seemed to fix the problem, so far.

Dunno if this is what caused the problem, further tests may be needed. Maybe the good GG peeps could also check into this.
PM
lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2020 09:19
It happened to me too, it doesn't export all the pieces, sometimes it came out without a head. Try to understand which parts are and export them manually.

Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi Night Elf / i7 7700k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram ddr4 / SSD 850Evo
Laptop : i5 3120m- 12gb ddr3 - Nvidia Gt 610 2gb - 256gb ssd

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:29:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:29:37