Product Chat / Project_based system, entities's stats (info) and so on

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 19:31
Good guys, taking advantage of the "forsoza reclusion" in working a little on my project, now that it is taking shape I have decided to share it with the forum.

First of all apologies for the video, I have been finalizing details in the project all night, and I have noticed the error when viewing it on YouTube (the last comment), but you will get the point.
The float skeleton, well .. I forgot (isInmobil = 1) LOL
And some more that now I am unable to remember, well yes, the damn window glass did not want to break as expected, and I almost killed the zombies. LOL

PROJECT-BASED SYSTEM (Pro-based)

As you will see in the video, the purpose here is to create a project-based work system. I do not know if in time I will succeed, but I will keep trying.

This tool creates a working folder with the same name as the map in the "entitybank" folder, with all the files of the entities placed on the map.
It also creates the new fpm file, plus some support files.
It will also present the user with all the files that make up the fpm file, in addition to the files in the original folder and in the new folder.

GETTING ENTITIES'S STATS (info for later use)

This tool creates a database with all the information received, and stores the information that will then be presented to the user.
It will allow the user to search entities in the database, and consult their data.
The user will know where each entity is, the id, the name, is it static? , the audio files (if any), the attached scripts (if any), FX file (if any), and so on.

The idea in the future is to use all this information so that the tool creates a working folder that is used to create the standalone file, or at least to compare the two folders, the one generated by GG (standolone system) and the one created by the tool, to check if files are missing, and perhaps to be copied by her, after asking the user.

OBSTACLES
The information currently provided by GG is not the most suitable, either in quality or quantity, obviously it is for GG, but it is not the most suitable for obtaining such information by external means.
This creates certain limitations that indicate how far you can go with the means you have; but hey! GG is under development so the tool can also do that, that depends on how I know. LOL

The main obstacle I am encountering is the X file.

THE .X FILE (MyModel.x)

Keep in mind that now the paths of the textures point to the original folder and not to the new folder as it should, if you want everything to work well.
This implies that I have to:

Open this file (MyModel.x file):

Find all texture paths and replace them with new paths, and then save the file, and not die trying. LOL

This could be done in 2 ways:

a- Open the .X file> search for texture paths> modify them> save the file, directly.
b- Convert the .X file to TXT format which would help a lot, not only for the tool, but also for the inexperienced user.

But I do not know how to do it!

My c ++ is very rusty and outdated and I don't have time to recycle myself, so I decided to create the tool in VB.Net.

Most of the documentation I find about DirectX 9c is deprecated and oriented towards c ++. One night I observed in the taskbar that firefox used a lot of memory and that was because there were 32 tabs open. LOL

Okay, now I'm a bit stuck with this but I'm still looking for related information, if someone knows a miracle recipe and wants to share it with me, I would be very grateful.

Know the internal structure of the fpm file, and by this I mean the true meaning and purpose of each file that makes up the fpm. In other words, how exactly should the fpm file be created to be 100% GG compliant. For this I would need first hand information, and my favorite developer is now too busy to bother you with this, so in the meantime I will be adding features that I have in my head such as:

a- Information about the player
b- information about the weapons that are on the map, although I am still not sure how to know which weapon the NPCs are using. LOL
c- Information about AIs, and so on.

Any suggestion?

Thank you all for reading this wall and for watching the video.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 21:57
Sounds really interesting , I will watch the video on my computer later . Good luck with this

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
fearlesswee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 22:43
Project-based system would be a godsend for GG Max...being able to modify scripts or models without messing them up for every other project would be amazing.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Totally.
Super Idea.
(It does sound (as a casual suggestion)~) that might want to
run this by @Lee for his feedback, before it goes real far.
Just looking out for you! Lot's of work.

If only this info was accessible at the GUI Map editor-- is that the idea with it?
In other words, if you hover over an object, it would be nice if the script, angle,
X,Y,Z location, and etc popped up quickly in a small window... And much more
could be implemented of course. Real useful ideas.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2020 20:04
@ granada
Thanls mate.

@ fearlesswee
Totally agree. Just giving ideas.

@ GubbyBlips
Yes, the idea is to get some sort of project-based system in GGMax, In the not too distant future.

Well guys, working on getting weapon info.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:53:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:53:45