Product Chat / Waypoint management

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, I know this may feel like a weird question, but... is there a way to handle waypoints like they were entities?
I'd need them to spawn and/or disappear by triggers.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi guys, I know this may feel like a weird question, but... is there a way to handle waypoints like they were entities?
I'd need them to spawn and/or disappear by triggers."

As far as I know that's not possible.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 02:14
No way to do that out of the box, but if the waypoints are being used by a script that uses the waypoint data, then you can code any logic you like as the waypoint data can be intercepted. The only wrinkle is that the waypoints do not have any names, so you will not know which waypoint is which, except by virtue of where they start and their nodes are located. You 'could' encompass the waypoint in marker zone, which 'does' have a name, and use one to identify the other, and then do any logic you like with the waypoint data, but you can imagine all this requires some serious ninja LUA scripting skills. Perhaps you can add a feature request on GitHub which suggests how you would like the path system to be improved, which I imagine would include giving waypoints names so that they can be activated/deactivated through the IFUSED field meaning you would not need to do any coding.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
That would be great and open more possibilities, indeed.

For now here's what I need it for: there is a Floor Zone area where bots can not go, but at some point, I tought I could "spawn" the waypoint that links it to external terrain, and let them enter the area. That's why I was thinking about handleable wp's.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 13:31 Edited at: 1st Apr 2020 13:31
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220055#msg2605634

The 'Zones using waypoints' thing in there might be useful.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:10:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:10:27