Product Chat / [SOLVED] after the last update most thing do NOT work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 02:17
hello community,
so I will try to check this translated message first to see if there are misunderstandings (but the time was late and when the ideas come to mind I wanted to say them) (willy wonka aside)
My problem is mainly a bit of everything, I try to explain: I have a legacy map that I am trying to carry out (among various experiments) that after the last update that fixed the textures, it messed me up completely!

First: the applied textures are gone! (I have to smear the textures again, reapply them again; and as if it were not enough if I load it from another folder taking it from the terraibank instead of texturesbank it does not apply to me, if I try to change the textures again it doesn't make me change them! only in .dds and png format .. (have you changed something?) (while if I don't make folder changes everything works as before)

second: The doors that I stretched before the update .. now they won't open to me anymore! I enter to test the game, we spam on the button and .. but nothing happens!

Third: (but this happened even before the update) If I apply a fence (like a cemetery indoors but with a gate that can be opened with the button E) to zombies and I put out a character on horseback from the fantasymounted series the zombies instead to attack me they will go to the fence after opening the gate .. now I understand the artificial deficit but here they exaggerate ... (maybe they fasted a bit too much from their brains?)

fourth: And I know it's not a bug but it really annoys me having to combine an audio file with a video separately, before it read them together and now they last even less seconds and if they are not of a certain number of fps they skip a few final moments .. (I saw that there is a tread around that talks about it but why do you want to make life so complicated? It is already complicated as it is!)

Fifth: EBE done a lot earlier if re-edited in the new version of the update will upset me all the textures applied (just don't accept the changes made but that's not the point)

what do you advise me to do to fix my project? (I would like to avoid the faster solution, that is to start all over again, this affects many maps of mine and I don't want to waste any more time!)

THX
Windows 10 pro
8 gb ram, asus Geforce gtx 660 2gb, 2TB, amd 3280 4 core, 8 logic

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 14:01
Hello Dave!

Quote: "I have to smear the textures again, reapply them again; and as if it were not enough if I load it from another folder taking it from the terraibank instead of texturesbank it does not apply to me, if I try to change the textures again it doesn't make me change them! only in .dds and png format .. (have you changed something?)"

Hmm, could you tell me what you mean by "apply textures" ?
Keep in mind that GG does not recognize a texturebank. That was a feature in FPSCreator. In GG, your textures need to be alongside the meshes in the entitybank.
Try to use .dds format, .tga for example is no longer supported.

Quote: "second: The doors that I stretched before the update .. now they won't open to me anymore! I enter to test the game, we spam on the button and .. but nothing happens!"

Thats bad =/ What kind of script do you use with these?

Dave_utopias
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 02:54
Hi wolf! thanks for your kind reply.

To apply the textures I intend to press the right mouse button again on the selection grid of the textures to be painted, re-select the textures that I am interested in changing and making it custom, then use it ... but here's the trouble

1: The textures that I had prepared previously for the update are gone and I have to reselect them

2: if after I press the right mouse button in the box (box for example 1 where there should be sand to be clear, then in the neighboring boxes it will fade into less solid colors until it becomes grass ground to be clear ) and I get the function to choose which folder I like to customize the textures in question, then change it with another, this function MUST be able to make me choose the folder where there are other textures, I made an example texturesbank etc I named it as well as taking a cue from fpsc, in any case inside the textures if I create a folder and I put the textures there they are seen, the first I can customize it, then the other stops working for the custom ones, more clearly than I can't to be .. I have all textures in this folder both in .dds and in .png format (no tga because I have previously changed via save with name from the paint.net application saving it c on the different extension in .dds ..)

So let's recap, the basic textures makes me change them correctly, those with images taken from the internet or from the photo made by me DOESN'T make me do it anymore, indeed only the first one, I don't think it's a matter of different measurements in pixels ... because if this update has made changes for me has changed for the worse I find myself with maps completely with basic textures; before with the previous version of game guru I could insert any image taken by google images just changing the format in the right way through paint.net now nothing works.

3: I updated to the latest version 2020.28.03 operation bug free but the problem has NOT been solved ...

4: I did a re-scan from steam to force the file check but the problem has NOT been solved!

5: is there a new system without my knowledge asking that textures have particular names? For example: grass_green_sand.d1.png? instead of how I have them: dscm 033 green sand2.png?

do I have to report it on github? Damn I did not even with the previous bugs that I have marked here only on the forum ... like this : https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220967

----

Speaking of the stretched door, the lua script is as follows:
door.lua and I guarantee that it will not work at all !!!
Windows 10 pro
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 04:20 Edited at: 31st Mar 2020 04:20
As for the terrain issue, This is what I see.
Things get worse as you get above the 10th texture added.
Blending fades out the previous texture.

Files chosen out of the terrainbuild/texturesorce folder.
PP 2020.28.03 operation bug free version of Game Guru.

RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 07:36
See https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/716
Preben has shared a trick for the blending.
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 08:24
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Your post is difficult to follow Dave, but i've made i little video which i think explains what you mean and provides you with the answer as to how to get your custom texture palette back.

Dave_utopias
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Apr 2020 16:52
THANK YOU for the answers given so far, and thanks to Earthling45 for resolving my doubt, however for the part concerning the fully stretched door with the script door.lua I had made a change to make it in a foreign language the writing "press the button E to open the door "Maybe this change means something? I still have to test the port without changing the script; but the textures are at least back! thanks!
As for the zombies who are locked inside a fence with an opening gate, they do not chase me but remain close to the gate, attacking me only if I pass by them, or they run away on their own, literally slipping (without seeing the animation of the walk to understand) what should I do? As soon as possible I will insert some screenshots about it
PS: if I drastically reduce the speed of the zombies they walk instead of sliding away without doing the animation of the steps, is there a way to make them fast but at the same time remove that annoying non-animation?
Windows 10 pro
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2020 00:14
@Dave_utopias : Can you create a simple level as you describe using stock media as an FPM and attach here, then revert GameGuru back to the Christmas December Update and make a standalone game, then zip that up and upload here. Using these I can compare the behavior of the level from 2019 with the latest update, and also check you the issue you describe too, thanks!
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:36:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:36:41