Virtual Reality / GGX Windows Mixer Reality development?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2020 21:05
Hi folks, it is not clear to me this question:
I did not understand well the support modes of windows mixed reality: with ggx it will only be possible to play VR games or it will be possible to use the engine to develop VR games (ie create uwr builds).
Thanks if someone answers to this
PM
Petr Surtr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2020 22:58
Or a win32 build exe
PM
Petr Surtr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 14:50
Precisation 3 (sorry it's hard to explain myself in english). would like to know if in GGX the support for Windows Mixed Reality will allow not only to be able to play games in VR, but also to be able to directly develop virtual reality games and then be able to generate a build for Steam Vr and / or Microsoft store.

I mean, the same as it is now possible to do with Appgamekit + Vr DLC. Does this mean Windows Mixed Reality support in GGX?
If it were not so, could I still design the game levels in GGX and then transfer them to AppgamekitVR via Gameguru Loader and from there create the build for SteamVr and / or Windows Store?
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 15:38
GameGuru MAX will support Windows Mixed Reality for compatible Windows 10 systems, yes indeed. The finished standalone executable will detect and launch Windows Mixed Reality portal and headset, so you can play your single player games in VR. There are no plans to support Steam VR at this time, or support multiplayer VR at this time, or support the Windows Store from Microsoft at this time.

The ability to create your level in GameGuru MAX and transfer to AGK may be possible, but GG Loader only supports Classic for now so it would be up to the author of that DLC to add support for MAX in order to get your levels loading inside AGK.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Petr Surtr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 20:26
Ok Lee, now it's clear)
Thanks
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:34:20