Free Models and Media / [LOCKED] Plagierism

Author
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 12:10 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2020 12:13
A user/mod on here had a plagierised model for download which I spotted straight away as one I had downloaded years ago, I thought I had inadvertently downloaded it from him but he didn't reply to my post so I tried to find the model again, it turns out it is a Warner Brothers copyright model from a Batman game, I brought this to the attention of another mod who has now turned it in on me as I too already had the model, I had it in a Reloaded game which never saw the light of day and the user/mod had it for download in his thread claiming it as his own work, in the eyes of the mod I made aware of the situation we are both as guilty as each other, really ? Anyway I think you should all be very careful what you download from here, you never know what you are getting.

PS. I have totally had enough of the sanctimonious mods on here, BYE !
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
For the record I am that mod who Bod reported it to

There is a procedure of which I followed
We have only ever punished users that Deliberately post copyrighted content and claim it as their own or continue to do so and just for the record I have added a Warning to Graphix profile. This would be the same action for any user that made a one time mistake with a plausible explanation and apology. The content has been removed.

It turns out that he fixed, retextured an old model he had in his FPSC collection since 2006 that wasnt actually FPSC but an old copyrighted model. I would have liked Graphix to tell but he hasn't been about due to personal issues.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bod
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 13:12
Why did he not inform the users it was NOT his model then ? It did NOT need fixing it worked out of the box, if you hadn't tried to sweep this under the carpet I would not have posted this thread. I got pilloried because I had a licence, now you know why I had it and why I take loads of screenshots as I make the models, I have had my models re-textured and put up for download by others and I feel very strongly about this, you made it quite clear in our PM's which side of the fence you were on and you are now reiterating it by dressing it up nicely.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 14:11 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2020 14:15
Quote: "if you hadn't tried to sweep this under the carpet I would not have posted this thread."

No one swept it under the carpet, I dealt with it long before your second PM but Graphix wasn't about due to personal issues ..
I felt it was for him to give his explanation before you forced my hand. Graphix is a long standing community member who has help the community countless times and has a 15 year clean record until now, Everyone gets a warning for a first offence unless its a deliberate attempt to pass off other peoples models as your own which he never stated. He assumed it was an old FPSC model in his collection, a mistake, we are human. He got a warning as I told you and treated no differently, but now faces a ban just to keep you happy which is " WRONG !! " no other user would have got a ban for such a mistake .. A warning would be added and the download deleted things like that you may never get to see as we are on them before anyone notices a lot of the time.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 14:28
The situation discussed here has been brought to our attention, the model has been removed and further steps will be taken shortly.
That also concludes this thread.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 16:23
Actions have been put in place and PM sent to all parties involved.

Note to all forum members:
Please be sure of what you upload to the forums and be sure that it is truly yours.

Thank you.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2020-10-27 11:45:54
Your offset time is: 2020-10-27 11:45:54