Product Chat / Character Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Now that it is clear GameGuru(classic) won't be getting a revamped Character Creator, might we please at least have a free extension pack of body parts for it? I suggest 5 times the current number.

Also, will max have the ability to paste a photo to the face? Also, change skin tone in a pseudo analogue way and also clothes colour?

Many thanks.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2020 03:17
@lordjulian : Can you send me the post I made which promised "free extension pack of body parts" for GameGuru. I think you will agree I have my hands full with fulfilling the pledges on Classic without adding more to my plate

There are no plans to add face photo, skin tone modifier or clothing color changes in GameGuru MAX, we only have an IC code system to match the body skin with that used by the chosen head.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
@leebamber

The requested link probably does not exist. However, there remains a thread discussing the idea of producing a pack of one-hundred characters.

You later reported that the general consensus was that an improved Character Creator would be better than the suggested character pack (I cannot find the relevant thread but I remember this clearly). At that time GameGuru Max had not yet been announced so I (probably along with many others) naturally and not unreasonably assumed this was intended for GameGuru (classic).

My suggestion of a free parts pack for the Character Creator would, in my opinion, be the simplest way to improve the Character Creator and provide a reasonable compromise between what we were expecting and what is to be implemented.
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2020 21:30 Edited at: 11th Mar 2020 21:31
I guess we will be able to modify the characters (texture etc). If that is not enough, then maybe later a addon pack would be nice... not free.
I would not have a problem to pay for a DLC pack with some extra characters.
I don't see a reason why everything has to be free.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't expect things to be free. I have spent hundreds of £££ sterling on assets in the store. I would simply like people to follow through on things.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2020 22:59 Edited at: 12th Mar 2020 08:40
Quote: "You later reported that the general consensus was that an improved Character Creator would be better than the suggested character pack"

I seem to recall the discussion went on to actually removing the CC altogether.
But the general consensus was to rename it rather than remove it and the 100 character pack was still on the cards last I remember ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
That sounds about right Syncromesh.
My vote was to expand CC into a fabulous tool set, remove it from GG
and sell it as a DLC for revenue + expansion parts on the store.

This was at a point when it seemed that GG was losing traction quickly,
so I thought this would be a useful option- a health potion for GG.
Come to find out, TGC was just working on VR Quest as far as we know??
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2020 04:20
This is another example of discussing with the community about what direction to go.
Lee was obviously asking if there was enough animo for such a character pack and maybe strip out the character creator from GG because of all the problems with it.

Healthy thinking if you ask me and the route taken has been quite fruitfull.
Personally i don't see why the old character creator can not be replaced with the new improved version, we won't have speech like in GGM maybe? but support and updates are continuing for GGC too as Lee has stated many times already.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2020 08:25
Well, speech work in GG as you had seen, anyway I don't believe speech being added to GG as new feature.
A lot of dlc for CC Max, will coming soon, though.

Dejavu! I had lived the same situacion with XP when win 7 comes into scene, I recall me claiming to microsoft about "Picture it" , but I never got it being continue supporting, Love that tool, it was like gimp.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember the thread about the characters and arguing against removing CC, as some people still use it for quick prototypes and even for games, we're not all trying for AAA games The character pack was as far as I am concerned aimed at GG at the time(part of the fbx character import work). I think things have possibly just changed direction a little, as the new CC for max has probably taken priority. I'm not sure if the 100 pack is still in the works, but I'm sure many would buy it if it is.

Not sure if I am right, but have the impression no characters from GG will work in max? Not just CC characters but any of the default ones and the classic ones?

I think TGC should reach out to the community and provide them with the relevant data needed to get things working in Max ahead of release. For both CC stuff and pre-made models. When the system is consolidated of course. Keep people in the loop as much as possible and generate some interest for the new product.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm not sure if the 100 pack is still in the works, but I'm sure many would buy it if it is."

I still would .. No doubt that would work for Max as well. still a worthwhile project I think.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2020 20:46
Funnily enough, the characters created in the new character creator will work just fine in Classic (minus the speaking and gestures unless you scripted this yourself). If some community artists wanted to create character creator body parts up to September, I could use them to assemble 100 characters for Classic. I am shying away from new DLCs in Classic as the Steam community don't like a DLC that costs more than the $20 they paid for the product, and character parts cost a LOT to make so its unlikely TGC will be up for making them. If some community artists would like to make some body parts, I could rush the templates and guide work on how to make them MAX compatible, and this could perhaps be used to make 100 characters for Classic (and MAX) and released free as part of that effort? The hard part is making the body parts, assembling them in the new Character Creator takes seconds.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Funnily enough, the characters created in the new character creator will work just fine in Classic (minus the speaking and gestures unless you scripted this yourself)"

Oh that's brilliant ... very handy to know
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 00:26:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 00:26:14