Product Chat / Project Third Person 2020

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2020 08:28 Edited at: 31st Jan 2020 08:50
Hello everyone. I have made this post for those who are interested in the third person feature. I been working on this project for years and have held off on showing this until now. Third person feature is a very important feature to me because it can bring a lot more interest to Game Guru and open the engine to more genres. From making top view games to platforms games, 2.5D games giving your game hero a body and a face. so much more can be done. I want Game Guru not to be just known as a first person game engine but a game engine where you can easy create different type of third person games. I want to make 2020 the year of third person games made in Game Guru.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure as I haven't used GG much of late. Is the third person stuff lua script now or still built in?
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline

Nice trick. He used invisible walls.
"lua script now OR still built in"
Maybe a little camera locking or mouse locking...
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2020 23:53
@DVader. It a little of both. it's all built in the engine this why I would like for Lee to finish the Third person feature. All it really needs is small tweaks and add the features to the Editor so it can be easier for those who don't want to deal with Lua. you will find everything is in the game controls.

@GubbyBlips thanks. I disable the mouse it's all built in the engine. Game Guru these controls in the script.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " It a little of both. it's all built in the engine"

Confusicus Sorry I never got back here. Was only popping in every week or 2 and this must have dropped off the main list of threads by then. Not asking for secrets, but merely wondering what method you are using for both vids. I can see on the second you have locked the player to strafe and so shoot correctly

You've seen my sidescroller thread. With that I take over completely. I have to position and animate them myself, detect inputs and collisions when fighting. Not stuff you expect to do in GG. All sorts of issues while perfecting the script. Now if I could just use 3rd person and add a few moves, would make things 10 times easier
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 00:28:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 00:28:09