Product Chat / VR QUEST - VR Game-making for Education

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 00:45 Edited at: 24th Jan 2020 02:02
@3com
Have you been reading or just skipping posts ?
Newsletter comes out 15th Jan telling us plans ahead that include new UI, new multiplayer, new performance, new character creator and some new stuff.
Then Lee makes the VRQuest post on the 20th Jan … A similar and probably pretty stable version for schools
Then to add that to Preben's Post yesterday ..

Quote: "I can assure you that you will not be disappointed, and tons of work has been done "behind the scenes" "

Can you really not see how this is all going together and whats been going on.
I mean ok … Im not super intelligent but im not daft either. Its a darn sight more realistic then " We have been used as testers all these years just for VRQuest " which someone did post somewhere ..

And theres just one conspiracy theory I read … The stuff of Dr Who.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 01:16
@ synchro
I am not sure of being the real recipient of your previous post, given that I have made clear my unconditional support to TGC regarding its economic financing system and the idea of reverting part of this revenue to Gameguru's development. This is evident in my previous posts.

Although I also hope to see changes, of course.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 01:43 Edited at: 24th Jan 2020 02:00
Communication this year .. ( This is my Business head working )
Well here is my Conspiracy Theory on that … Or smart move.
Imagine If someone paid me to decorate their house and I did mine at the same time using the same stuff.
It would not be the wisest move to shout about it don't you think … except at most say ..
" Rest assured plenty going on behind the scenes "

And we still did get some cool updates probably derived from that .
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 02:13 Edited at: 24th Jan 2020 03:59
"Are those decorators still working on the house?" "Yep been at it for years now" it really does sound like a real scenario particularly when it comes to builders etc. Of course they wouldn't tell you they been working elsewhere especially if you were stupid enough to pay 'em up front.
" Rest assured plenty going on behind the scenes " LMAO.
Now this is not to say there hasn't been plenty going on behind the scenes, but it does look bad when you find they been doing other houses with your money while you wait, to expand on your analogy, feel free to correct me if I'm getting it entirely wrong This is where I see those complaining are coming from.

The sarcasm towards 'conspiracy theory' is not lost on me and you are absolutely correct it is a childish and churlish response to a persons doubting someones word whether that doubt is deserved or not.
You might want to think about who the term was aimed at around here and who first threw it around before thinking you can have 'some fun' with it.

You believe and have faith in your 'God' some don't and it is only words till proven otherwise. You should stop forcing TGC theism down peoples throats, they are entitled to their beliefs, opinions and doubts,just like you are. Forums are called that for a reason, they are places to discuss and debate. I understand that some aren't experts in articulating their thoughts and may need 'guidance' that's your job as a mod what isn't your job is setting people 'straight' every time they disagree with TGC and how they do things.
This not a jab at you as I believe you mean well but I find that repeating the same rote gets tiring whatever side it comes from, if I were constantly responding to every negative or positive post with the same hard headed ideals I would expect to be banned in short order.
Just let it breathe a little and let folks have their say now and again. Better to let it fizzle out than pour gas on it.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 06:27 Edited at: 24th Jan 2020 06:36
Errmmm, this is the Game Guru forum,
so I guess we were all expecting the big news to be about the GG, not VR Quest.

NDA is all over, soooo what about the GG.....

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 10:06 Edited at: 24th Jan 2020 11:28
Quote: "I understand that some aren't experts in articulating their thoughts and may need 'guidance' that's your job as a mod what isn't your job is setting people 'straight' every time they disagree with TGC and how they do things."

Well Im a normal user just like you who happens to moderate the forum. If I couldn't voice my opinion then I wouldn't do it. I certainly haven't corrected anyone and told them they are straight out right or wrong. I have Just pointed out what seems to have been missed along the way in all this chaos and I don't think im that far off.

If im right then the next Version of GG should be something special ..
But if im wrong then quite rightly im sure you will return to say I told you so.
Lets just see what 'God' brings
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "NDA is all over, soooo what about the GG....."

nothing LOL

joking obviusly..

but i really hope this is the real year of GG sincei come back to GG last summer and after being gold pledger and great fun of lee , gg, all of you ..ineed something to could produce really and maybe monetize in future.. not only a toy to play with..GG has great and infinite potential and if it had the right effort on it (See Fabio from S2 Engine HD) it could bethe real 3rd place solution for making real games after unity and unreal..
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 12:00
Take a break Teabone. You've been a great supporter of both TGC and all the less skilled people visiting this forum. It's time to fill your life with other stuff - that doesn't burden you with feelings of obligation and guilt. The only way to do that is to
STOP READING THE FORUM.
Stop trying to make GG do what you want.
Go find a relaxing puzzle/walking simulator game and play that. Just play it. Don't get involved in the community.
All these building games are mentally and physically addictive.
Only you can get yourself out of it by going cold turkey. I stopped playing Minecraft after a year for preecisly that reason.
I went down my workshop and started making 'real' things and only looked at my computer to read my mail. I deleted the Steam app from my phone.
A year later and I was hooked on RPGWorld.
I broke myself of that habit the same way.

As for TGC?
It's all just smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors. Just like the current US president and the UK's lamentable choice of leader they'll tell you anything to keep you attached, but what they'll do is what suits them best - today, which is probably different to what was best last week and will probably different to what is best next week.

This will be my last post here or on the Steam GG forum.
GG will be deleted.
I'm going back to the workshop. I'm gonna try my hand at making tabletop games.
You can't teach an old dog.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Go find a relaxing puzzle"

Don't do a puzzle for gods sake .. That's been stressing me for months
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Don't do a puzzle for gods sake .. That's been stressing me for months "

ahahahah
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2020 18:00
Hi All,

Thanks for the debate above, as mentioned, the forum is the best place to express these concerns and rest assured I did indeed read all the posts and understand you are eager for more news.

We have a great announcement for next week, but in the meantime, I wanted to let you know some of our plans for March, check out the new thread here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221494
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lee >>>>>>>>>>>> Big 20!!
And we kinda missed the party (maybe because of all this buzzzing
goin on round here.)
Happy 20th! That's a sincere congrats, don't get conspiracies.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Lee >>>>>>>>>>>> Big 20!!"

Oh well spotted .. Congrats !!
PM
fearlesswee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2020 05:42
Quote: "We have a great announcement for next week"

Please let this be true, GG really needs some good news right about now. "Operation bug-free" is a stride in the right direction, so here's hoping 2020 will be GG's best year yet!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:42:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:42:39