Tutorials & Guides / Workbench two - exploring EBE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2019 15:03 Edited at: 18th Nov 2019 15:12
Exploring EBE [Builder]

Second video in a small workbench series, for advanced users and beginners on random GG topics

Making a backup copy of files planning to edit is a great idea to save time if needing to revert to default. Suggest make a back up of \Game Guru\Files\ebebank\default\textures_D (create a easy swap out to default).
Using Change Texture via the side panel during a mid level/map build I personally do not suggest.
Create a New Level for adjustments or pre-plan all textures required for Level Build

EBE Builder Texture Panel
1. Create a New Level and select the Builder TAB from left side panel - Add new Site, and place marker where needed to load grid.

2. Assign textures as required via the Texture panel as shown in video using _D.dds textures. (this tut does not cover dns/pbr)

3. Save map, [name reference used in video /workbench.fpm] This level/map can be used to create new EBE structures via Save as entity when required, or assigning new textures without affecting core builds.

Not using Save as Ebe entity structure (via ebe menu)
4. Create a New Level and selecting Builder, place Add New Site marker to map. Custom textures should be now preloaded in side panel, reducing the additional file size to mapbank .fpm. Create Ebe Structure/s in level and Save Level/Map,fpm.

Or
5. Create a New Level and selecting Builder, place Add New Site marker to map, assign new textures to Ebe Texture Panel. Create a New Ebe structure with new textures and then Saving the EBE structure via the in editor Ebe menu.
Placing the new Ebe Entity from the Entity folder into a New Level or a Level already in construction, will also have the reduced file size, unlike building the EBE structure in a mid level build, loading in texture data to the mapbank.fpm save file. Create many different styles of texture ebe structures using the save option and select from Entity folder for building.
Would like to chat more on this topic, though video above should answer any questions, or trial some saves and test play what works for the project build.

6. Added extra at end for those who wish to give that a spin. Merry xmas and happy game dev
PM
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2019 13:37
Thanks for the effort Defy, I was pleased to see an ebe tut on the forum, but for an old fart like me the video was speeded up too much to be of any help, and the text too brief.
You can't teach an old dog.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2019 19:37
Thanks Defy ,interesting vid

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
@benjiboy
Hello, welcome though I do admit I am often one to be brief. Working behind the project scene is what I enjoy and I guess I feel if too slow no one will take the time to watch it as I do most videos in one sit down, though I do understand.
Let me know what you would like a more in depth run down on.

@granada
Hey, welcome. Cheers
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
HiDefy ..great tut hope others coming next
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:27:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:27:19