Product Chat / My first impresssion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I have been interested in game development for a long time I saw this on saie with Mega pack 1,2 & 3 it looked like a good idea so got hold of it. Today was the first time I really had the chance to use it and i got to say it's not bad it's fun to make levels you really can make whatever you want and it's so easy to throw a game together.

However, there are 1 or 2 things that are poor one of these is a big thing the other one is just a niggle:

1. The AI is really bad I mean it feels like I am playing a game from 1997 with better graphics (graphics are not bad) are theree any plans to improve the AI I am not asking for anything too flash think Quake 2 AI leval (i don't think thats too much to ask for ).

2. respawn I noticed that when you respawn the assets and enemies don't reset i would love to see this be fixed or put in as an option.

apart from these to issues, I am really enjoying myself with this product it was a good purches.

star rating
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/microsoft.png
PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2019 22:22 Edited at: 30th Oct 2019 22:23
The AI got much better since 2018, people who used gg before 2018 know what iam talking about.

But iam sure theres some more potencial thats represents right now.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 31st Oct 2019 06:08
Actually the AI didn't get better as such, it just got more features, some testing that's been done recently has shown that the old AI was better for pathfinding and response, some of the newe modularity has broken some of that.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey New Emperor, what up? -- please do us a favor?
Create a game with a few levels, then push a Stand-Alone for distribution,
and please report the results. I have seen several complaints that results
are usually a mixed bag. There are certain techniques that might make it
more successful. Some of us (I guess myself) about gave up because if
the stand-alone doesn't complete then the project is just for practice.
PM
New Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
I will do but you got to give me a few weeks to make the game ok.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/microsoft.png
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I have seen several complaints that results are usually a mixed bag. "

If you can use your own assets or at least take a good look at any older ones before using … Some old models especially the old classic don't have straight forward DNS textures and don't copy to standalone very well ..
That model will do is not the way to go.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, there's been missing models, and a good pinned post on the techniques
to remediate built levels before SA would be a super great help.
The first major project that I started had strange glitches in the story zones and
image zones getting mixed up. Was I hallucinating? I checked and double
checked to no avail. How was I to fix this with a change to models or lua code?

Again, if anyone knows more information, a well documented thread on this
topic easy to access would probably sit very well with the forum users!
PM
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 00:18
My first impressions.... I will re post once I have something more concrete to report. For the time, being please read below.
I had used FPS Classic years ago and my interest for gaming surfaced again, so I purchased GameGuru premium package and installed it of course. ( I hate Steam ) I have yet to make any attempt to do something on my own, as I am busy watching tutorials and examining the stock games which come as demos with the initial install of GameGuru. Well, some of you perhaps can help me, should I be doing something wrong. For the life of me I have HUGE problem with moving the character and aligning the cross hair to the target. The movement is almost impossible to work with. I have tried the ADWS keys as well as panning with the mouse as I press any of the movement keys, but I will be darned if I can align to the target with any consistency, or in a reasonable time, before I get pulverized.
Perhaps some of you can give me some advice, otherwise my first impression will be....
Thanks!
Alexis A
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you saying its running very slow ?
What are your specs especially Gfx card ..
PM
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 15:05
Running Win 7 64 bit, Intel i7 860, 8 gb Ram, NVIDIA Quadro P400 2GB . (perhaps time for a memory upgrade)
Oh, GG will not run on my Win 10 machine, build 1903, as it cannot negotiate the DX12 and windows would not let me go back
It is not running slow, perhaps too fast? ( Yeah right ) .The reaction of the panning and or the combo of the AWSD keys difficult to control. Other games made by users of GameGuru don't seem that bad when I play them on my machine. Also, zero problem with this on FPS Classic.
Should I give up on this engine and move on to a different one? Some of them free...
I am in Colorado, USA and perhaps we are on much different time zones, so I may not respond quickly.
BTW, thanks a bunch for your response!!!
Alexis A
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 15:28 Edited at: 9th Nov 2019 15:32
It should run best on Windows 10 ?
All Windows 10 installations have DX12 installed you don't or cannot remove it .
But Windows 10 also has DX11 installed and will use it if your Gfx card its DX11 compatible of course.

Quote: "Should I give up on this engine and move on to a different one? Some of them free..."

That's entirely your decision.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 18:17
Quote: "The AI is really bad I mean it feels like I am playing a game from 1997"

Yes Well, I think in order to avoid further frustration its best to view stock AI, assets, textures, so forth as a sort of "raw material" that you can build upon rather than an "out-of-the-box" experience. Some users did really nice things with the AI, but it requires some tinkering.

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:23:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:23:59