Product Chat / zombie animation glide

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2019 02:47
In the characteres/zombies entitybank there are a couple of zombie_afro models without fpe's. I decided I'd like to have them in a scene so cloned another fpe for them. Of course it didn't work out because the animation frame settings were wrong. Having looked at the models in Fragmotion, (what a useful tool that is) I reset the animations in my new fpe. Much better, but the zombies glided across the ground like they were in a speed-skating competition. So I adjusted the speed way down. They still glided. So then I scanned all the other fpe's and finally came across the traffic cop zombie. I put that in a map with my afro zombie and they behave exactly the same.
They glide as they move.
Is there a cure for this other than speed?
The walking animation is very slow, which is I think, what makes them seem to glide.
Is it possible to change the animation speed, (say using fragmotion) or would frames have to be added/removed in order to make a more convincing movement?
You can't teach an old dog.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Change the animation speed setting to a higher value in the properties panel or the fpe
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2019 13:32
Hi smallg.
If I do that it glides faster. The fpe I copied initially had speed 300 and it literally was like watching a skater on a rink. I've dropped it down to 60 which is what the traffic cop zombie is set to but it still slides a bit. If I drop it further then I think
a) the zombie will not move fast enough to be a threat to the player.
b) The whole thing will look like a bit of slow-motion camera work.

So my question is, I guess, what do I need to do to the animation such that, (at fpe speed=60, say) the forward motion of the feet on the ground matches the speed of the animation, (so there's no glide) and the speed of forward motion is sufficient to pose a threat?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
There should be 2 settings, 1 is called speed which should adjust how quickly the character moves (not animates) and 1 called animationspeed which changes how fast the animations are... Adjusting both should get a result you are happy with
though there can be small parts of the normal animations that double frames when looping or a slight pause if you're 'playing' an animation that should be looping as the PlayAnimation command is generally only used when a character is not currently animating... However this doesn't sound like your current problem.

I will see if I get similar results later if no-one else sheds more light (though I currently can only run GG at like 25fps)
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2019 16:07
25fps? I wish! 8-0

I'm limited to trying stuff out rather than seriously making.
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2019 16:37 Edited at: 18th Oct 2019 16:54
So, I don't think animationspeed is an fpe setting - leastwaysI can't find a reference to it in any of the base issue fpe's. A few references to it in the lua scripts so I guess I'm going to have to make a dedicated ai for my afro zombie in order to experiment.
Ho hum. Another learning opportunity

EDIT
Oh dear. I must learn to not talk through my posterior.
animspeed *is* an fpe statement.
I'll give it another go.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:43:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:43:49