Off Topic / Nintendo Switch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the Nintendo Switch on order along with the game Arms. I can't really do much with my legs but I want to get fit and I get bored in the gym. I researched this game and it looks like it is good for upper body moderate exercise if you add some wrist weights.

I did consider the fitness ring adventure game but unfortunately I would only we be able to do the arm exercises unless there's a way fool the movement sensors. I saw a couple of boxing games but they seem to be all about training in a gym - I would prefer to beat opponents to a bloody pulp and ascend the ranks. I am also considering tennis.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i heard good things about the ring fit, they say it's about 80hrs of gameplay which is quite impressive for an exercise game...
i see no reason why you can't fool the sensors, strap it to your arm or something, it's not camera based or something like that, just detecting movement - same principle that made the wii remote a bit rubbish when you can be just as good by flicking your wrist as you are doing the full motions
unfortunately exercise isn't really supposed to be fun... the main reason i avoid it

i wonder if the switch will get a (non-vr) version of beat saber though, that might be good exercise... beat saber is crazy in VR - easily the most intense exercise you get in VR and i've played VR boxing etc so it's quite an impressive feat - especially considering it is 99% just moving your arms (of course i mean expert or expert+, normal is like a stroll in the park )
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Smallg. I have been playing Arms and worked up a little sweat but I can't see it holding my interest for long. I might check out the fit ring - it looks more adventurous.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
been looking at the ring fit more now that it's properly out and it might be an issue for the main game for you as it relies a lot on jogging however you can still do the exercises without the main game... just won't be as fun.
personally i don't think any of the switch's motion controlled games are that good, i found the wii tracked better but i'll let you know if i do find any fun games you might like (arms is pretty decent but you already have that)
lua guide for GG
windows 10
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone else got Luigi's mansion 3? Really impressed by how much is possible on a switch, the destruction physics and just the physics /animations in general are really impressive for mobile hardware... I know it's a triple A title but I've had many moments while playing that I felt were truly impressive and wondered how they achieved such results on mobile hardware (especially being able to chop up literally everything in the level with chainsaws at one point and see the insides etc with realistic sizing/damage chunks).

Well worth the money, been a great game to play too
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 01:43:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 01:43:57