Product Chat / Particle Editor DLC addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HI i today received the TGC newsletter and in the appgamekit news i saw a great addiction to hte kit ..the particle editor

and it's really... waht do you think about it and the possibility to have a similar system into GG itself...??

and eventually.. particles created in app game kit particle editor dlc could be used in GG??
PC Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2019 18:00 Edited at: 8th Oct 2019 18:05
Honestly, for GG i wouldn't even mind what we had in FPSC. Which was located in the entity properties menu of the emitter you place:

Custom Settings disabled would reference just default values.

The decal entity you select is essentially the graphic. However, for GG a new field to point to a graphic would be best. If we magically got something like this added that is.

More on this topic back in 2017
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219155
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
yes Mr.T i know.. i remember the great fpsc times with its great features we are asking to gg form ages

particles decent underwater swimming and post-processing shaders, which is sorely missing in GG.
PC Specs:
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2019 12:13
Maybe once all the performance fixes and the larger bugs are squashed, this should be looked into and added to GG.... looks good too.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, looking good. And it would be nice if the .fpe and setup.ini files where
accessible to modify in the GUI also.
PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2019 18:47
yes please. We need this in gameguru!
bluemeenie195
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes !
Definitely should be one of the next things for GG.
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee ---?? Preben??? are you listennig?
PC Specs:
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 9th Oct 2019 21:31
Do we really 5 out of 5 thousand ? 5 out of hundred thousand ? who knows?
Rather have dynamic shadows personally.

Cheers
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2019 21:52
Quote: "Rather have dynamic shadows personally. "

Definitely

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTXâ„¢ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2019 22:23 Edited at: 9th Oct 2019 22:27
Yes particle editor would be nice to have.
This is the settings in Construct2 (2D) and you can get some good effects using just one small image.
Editor:

Image:

Result: Also you can just pin it to an object and it will follow it

But agree with cybernescence, rather have dynamic shadows first please
@cybernescence, looks like dynamic shadows are in the pipeline

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 10:49 Edited at: 10th Oct 2019 10:51
All of these are really needed missing stuffs.. and guys did you se what fpsc is get of of cylinder these times?? if not give a look at the classic fpsc forums and you can see what resualts people acheived is fpsc.. resualts are stunnnig

who could say this is old fpsc ???
PC Specs:
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 16:24
Cool stuff no doubt and talented people driving the updates.

Can be done in GG, might not be as super simple as some might want or need though.

@OldFlak - thanks - Preben is awesome.

Cheers.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do we really 5 out of 5 thousand ? 5 out of hundred thousand ? "

i dont thinkwe are only 5 to want this feature and i sincerely think think many other need this..simply many GG users are(without any offense) newcomers to game develpment (obviusly in dont mean Wolf, Amon, smallg, sincromesh, cyberscience , AE, Reliquia, and other GG masters) and maybe really dont know what other engine (and even GG parent fpsc x9) offers so they stay with what they have.. i sincerely I'm noob too to GG since i left it several years ago and now I'n learning it from scratch again but i saw other reality and i worked with them and really know that these could be great addons to the engine and that could be alble to make GG to hope to the next step..obviusly the same is true for dynamic shadows, a fullyworking water system and a proper working lightmapper due now it is fully useless
PC Specs:
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 20:24
I'm flattered you mentioned me in the same phrase as "GG masters" and alongside a list of talented developers I admire

From my perspective, I've always said Amen and Graphix's powerful particle system - whilst functional - is a pain to use and is ultimately incomprehensible to 99% of GG users who are usually newcomers to game development. Like so much of GG's functionality, it needs a nice WYSIWYG GUI.

I'm all for dynamic shadows first though...

AE
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm flattered you mentioned me in the same phrase as "GG masters" and alongside a list of talented developers I admire"

its only truth my friend... i hav privilege to play your extraction point demo and i was amazed how good it is.. the introduction only deserve a gold mention on GG community itself... you and people i mentioned (and many other i forgot and i excuse with the mfor that) are only people to admire andwho GG have to be proud..

Quote: "From my perspective, I've always said Amen and Graphix's powerful particle system - whilst functional - is a pain to use and is ultimately incomprehensible to 99% of GG users who are usually newcomers to game development. Like so much of GG's functionality, it needs a nice WYSIWYG GUI."

completely quote nothing else to add..WYSIWYG GUI is all we need to have all great Amen and Grahpix functionality added really usable for all of us and not only by GG masters i mentiond above,,
PC Specs:
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 23:23
In order to use particle effects you first need to understand what particles are, if you understand what they are then using them with the provided Lua commands is pretty straight forward.

It's a bit like having a hammer but not understanding what a nail is or how to use it.

Google is your friend, use it!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2019 07:46
Quote: "In order to use particle effects you first need to understand what particles are, if you understand what they are then using them with the provided Lua commands is pretty straight forward."

*sigh* I hate when you do this, Amen. Do you not understand that Game Guru is aimed at children, newbs, and artists that are more capable with visuals than language and maths? Most users of GG arrive having never scripted/coded before, so the thought of grappling with a text-based particles system is off-putting, not to mention counter-intuitive. I'd never coded before GG but I understood perfectly well what particles are because I'd used particle generators before in my visual effects work. They always function the same; a list of parameters, tickboxes and sliders on the left, a big preview window on the right. Some will even let you pan around it in 3D space.

I totally appreciate having LUA as the underpinning of most things in GG; it gives access to deeper and more bespoke functionality for more experienced users who want to truly customise their games. It makes sense for complex AI and game logic, but particles are a visual effect, they should have a visual front-end.

Amen, you're a hugely experienced coder, and much of that experience was garnered in an era before WYSIWYG GUIs were possible, but that doesn't mean there's something inherently better about 'doing it the hard way'. I hate to say this, but it comes off a bit holier than thou? Don't get me wrong, we're all in awe of the work you do around here, but spare a thought for the 13 year old Portuguese kid who just bought Game Guru and now can't use its particle generator because everything is in words he doesn't understand and he can't see what changing the values does in real-time.

AE
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "In order to use particle effects you first need to understand what particles are, if you understand what they are then using them with the provided Lua commands is pretty straight forward."

I know what particles are.. maybe not too deep like you but i worked with particles system in other engines like unity and unreal with good results and i think particles should be managed with a graphical interface insted to be managed directly form code.. as we have now in gG.. obviously we have this and we have to managed to waht we have but if we could hope for a better and more frindly system why not?
PC Specs:
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2019 10:54
There are standalone tools where you can try out the values to see what the effect is, then you can simply transfer the values into your Lua script.

I may be able to create a real-time particle viewer in Lua, might have a crack at that if I get time.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2019 12:15
It not should be that hard to make particle editor vias LUA.
The only issue I'm founding is than there is not GG lua command to open and search the image file, so you has to type the image file name manually.
The rest well, I've take graphis snow script as start point.
If you notice all the values are passed directly in the script, ie: offset, speed, scale, snd so on; I've just declare globals, and pass those values via global vars.ie: speed = speed_s or 0,02 or whaever value you want to.

In the above example, the global var named speed_s like the others takes their values via user_imput, that way you can edit particles in real-time. Just has to mime the GG properties panel (Gimp/ps) , make "textboxes" (sprites) in front of each one. and the user do the rest.
Apply mouse, put some buttons such as: Apply and Cancel, If user press Apply all those user values will be apply to the particle script.

Now I've some other priorities, but plane continue working with , when done.

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
AmenMoses; if it's any consolation, your explanation of the particle
system, in other threads, is a pretty handy and clear run-down
on it. You (or I should admit -myself-) do need to align the various
categories of adjustments and squint at the list for a while, but I'm
not being cheeky, it's the one system you arranged that I can 'get'.

Nevertheless GG 2.0 or GG Studio, sure a few visual GUI additions
will be great including particles. And @ 3com yes, to see the images!
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I may be able to create a real-time particle viewer in Lua, might have a crack at that if I get time."

That would be great
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That would be great "

PC Specs:
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2019 19:37
Quote: "I may be able to create a real-time particle viewer in Lua, might have a crack at that if I get time."

Now that would be splendiferous if you could!

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 22:27:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 22:27:15