Product Chat / Missing Heightmap Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2019 10:45
I tried building Sci-Fi Pack.fpm after building Sci-Fi Drones.fpm and got this :-

Runtime Error: 0 : BT Error: Heightmap doesnt exist Function: BT BuildTerrain ()

I've experienced this before but I cannot remember the circumstance.
Is this known?
I searched here and on the GG forum but drew a blank.
I also posted this in the bugs forum on Steam and got no response.
Maybe one of the regulars here can comment?
You can't teach an old dog.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 2nd Oct 2019 16:30
I don’t know why this is happening to you but I know that GG doesn’t actually use the image based height map that Blitz uses as a default. However GG does need a default image height map to be present when initially loading an fpm map file - either as part of the loaded map or from the default one stored in (I think from memory) the effectbank\reloaded\media folder. Height data for the terrain is actually loaded from a data file within the fpm zip and the image based file that the error message is complaining about isn’t used but needs to be there.

Does a restart of GG then a reload of the fpm fix the issue?

Cheers.
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2019 09:27
Thanks for the reply cybernesence.
Yeah, it does. Seems that doing two builds one after another tends to generate this or another error - for instance I just loaded The Big Escape after building Sci-Fi, and when I try to create stand-alone it says it can't find the fpm!
I don't suppose doing two builds in succession is a common occurrence in a real development environment, but it looks to me as if GG is not clean resetting after a build/load new map.
You can't teach an old dog.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 22:29:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 22:29:09