Competitions / In-Game Screenshot Challenge - Island Paradise

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2019 01:35 Edited at: 7th Sep 2019 01:52

Hi everyone I am excited to present the launch of monthly Game Guru community based creative competitions! These competitions will involve creating something out of Game Guru under a specified theme and submitting them to a panel of judges before the end of the month; to determine a winner!

The community supplies the prizes and for September we have some FANTASTIC prizes lined up for anyone that would like to participate in this month's In-Game Screenshot Challenge! The prizes are generated and given out by the community to the judge selected winners. Anyone is free to contribute to the prize pool. These are helpful items that will help support the winner in their game development journey with Game Guru.

Submissions will be handled on the GG Discord under #contest-submissions and the list of prizes that could be won are on #contest-prizes. Discord Link

So to kick off the competition, September's challenge will be creating an Island Paradise in Game Guru and taking the most amazing screenshot you possibly can of it and posting it to the discord-submissions channel. You are also encouraged to share the screenshots here as well!

So good luck and start carving into some GG terrain today! Submission deadline is September 23rd

Rules:
- Only 1 Submission per Participant
- Submission must be in relation to the given theme
- You must add your name and the theme title with the date to the upper or lower corner of the image
- Image must be an in-game screenshot taken within the month of September 6th to 23rd.
- Any submissions after the 23rd will not be accepted
- a panel of judges will decide the winner in the final week of September
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wut
Years of Service
User Offline
yay. I love competitions
PM
KRivva
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2019 09:20
That's really a cool idea

Are there any restrictions on the assets we are allowed to use (stock assets, DLC, store assets, 3rd party/self created assets) ?
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2019 15:14
There are no restrictions but the more creative you are with stock assets the more likely you are to gain creative skill points. But certainly no restrictions.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2019 00:10 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2019 00:11
A quick reminder! The contest ends tomorrow at September 23rd 12AM EST!

Make sure to submit your screenshot in the contest-submissions channel
https://discord.gg/4ybCywE

There have been some unbelievably great prizes offered by the community. So its totally worth it to try to make a submission before the deadline if you got any chance within the day. Keep in mind there are no restrictions on what assets you can use to make the paradise island screenshot. As long as its all within Game Guru!

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2019 13:53 Edited at: 24th Sep 2019 13:55
Hi everyone! The submissions are in and the deadline has passed. Check out the amazing work the community has done for this contest below!

Judging will now begin and a winner will be announced either at the end of the week or on the start of next week.

Thanks again for everyone that has participated and for all who have generously offered prizes!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2019 18:49 Edited at: 8th Oct 2019 19:11
Thanks, everyone for participating! We'd like to congratulate SHAHIN3D on winning the September in-game screenshot competition. It was a close call with Trollbae and Duchenkuke tied second! All of the submissions looked great and really captured the theme

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 21:15:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 21:15:56