Work In Progress / Fresh Underwear Please!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 23:48 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 00:00
Title: "Fresh Underwear Please!" (obviously just a temporary working title)
Developer: Julian Henley
Genre: Adventure/mystery/horror

Description: A soldier returns home from a tour of duty and settles back into normal life with his wife and daughter. When his family are brutally murdered he vows to bring the killer to justice. But it soon becomes clear his wife and daughter still dwell in the house, trapped between this life and the next. Are they trying to communicate vital clues or are they merely tortured by their limbo? Either way, the player must investigate and solve the murder mystery.

Hi guys,

I have just started this project. My main reason for creating the WIP thread is to ease the loneliness. Most of the time it's like working in a vacuum. Developing my biggest project, Dickie A Cumming, was quite detrimental to both my mental and physical health. After finishing that one I promised myself I wouldn't embark on such a mammoth project for a long time. This one will probably be quite big. Just creating the main building with the EBE is proving itself to be a painfully slow process, further compounded by the fact that mouse keys don't work with all GameGuru functions (I need to use mouse keys due to the stupid cerebral palsy). A lot of cubes are ending up scattered across my building site.

The events shown in the video won't happen in quick success like that; I am planning a gradually build up based on player progress and I know the "blood on camera" effect currently occurs far too frequently - I might set to happen only once.

Anyway, I hope to get some feedback and maybe some encouragement. I will try to update the thread whenever significant progress has been made. Sorry it's not quite up to the standard of the other WIPs but I am gradually improving.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 10:56
This looks like an adventure game to me, I thought you wanted to make a shooter?
Oh well, you can work on whatever pleases you of course.
Best luck with it and keep us posted
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Wolf. I was planning to make an FPS but then I saw the AI still isn't up to standard. However, this game will have some shooting when the player characters goes all Liam Neeson.
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Text box for opening sequence:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having one of my depressive episodes so this project is on hold. I will be working on something more casual and less demanding for a while.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:43:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:43:19