Product Chat / Possible bug hunter and feature request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Aug 2019 13:31
Hi everbody, I've been trying out the new version of game guru for a while to see if any bugs have been fixed, I spent a lot of time trying and found some different ones. I was looking for improving it so I got on the side of the client who wants to buy a game made with game gurus and I've wrote to list of things that would ruin the future idea of ??buying other games created from it, I installed the latest build of July 1 and while all indicate as major bug do not cast shadow I have my personal bug list .. of well 12 bugs, PLEASE NOTICE: i'm still using legacy map.
Please do not begin to say these things we will not see them or that they will be difficult to implement and we will see them only on an AAA ENGINE, I understand to be objective but we try to look more even considering the limitations that the piece of software has I think that is can do ...
let's start with the bug list:

here's first bug (I think this is a bug for a rookie that comes close to the gaming world) I consider it also hateful is the fact
that despite the latest update to the July 1 version some items are still not brought into the standalone version using legacy map, the games become inconclusive.

another bug is the fact that if you keep the editor open (without opening steam) for several hours without doing anything but keeping it lowered to the icon it won't be possible to restore the editor and work on it .. I this this is a memory bug.

another bug that still perpetuates the entire engine and the possibility of creating games is the fact of the standalone saves, if the player can continuously save every type of action every minute because in that point shortly after the corner they pair it, and immediately reload the game every time he dies game guru will crash.

another bug related to the npc and their speed is that sometimes (I don't know if it depends on the basic setting or on the incompetence of the creator of the game) but they slip forward without making steps, it seems like the zombie love skiing and so many other basic entities in the guru package .. it's very annoying to see them so if you want faster zombies we can't see zombies skiing and the same goes for the other characters. (we must also further improve their IA)

THIS BUG is instead related to the use of scripts that have the same name but are used in different entities that use the same basic animation, if you have improved with the bug hunt before the fact that many entities remained motionless after various deaths. Every time you spamm on the button different types of entities the latter did not move, this time if you use the same idle cycle of animations you will see that after several deaths of the main character will not move anymore.

Next bug i call him in a funny way: "please do not shoot at my weapon! Or i will get hit!" , some characters like ogre, reptile armed with his stick, can getting hit by shooting at his weapon, this is not good it fall on realism, games created by old editor engine as gtk radiant (which was free) for the game wolfenstein et (oh well, that's a great game) they didn't have these problems, a newly built paid engine shouldn't have these problems.

I suggest one thing, to completely dismantle the character, that is to divide the entity from its weapon so that the problem can be solved, in this way we avoid the bug NUMBER 4, which is related to this that is if I have bought the fantasy pack I use the thrid part in the mark character and I connect it with the ogre you will see that you will not be able to use its weapon, if you go to modify the fpe file and go to indicate that it can collect the weapons it will not work and will go haywire, if instead you listen to me and do the divided things you will get that a: the entity will not be hit in its weapon, B: the entity in the third part version will be able to collect other weapons and then use them, c: we would have an asset of more weapons for other characters.

(another little note for the fantasy pack: if you use all the available characters, weapons and constructions you will lose a lot of fps especially if you use magician weapons (which among other things all have the same explosive animation despite us clearly written the diversity of use, you try to shoot with those a couple of shots the fps will drop out of proportion, too much lag, you have to improve this thing.

The Wi-fi HIT, something that I noticed from the youtube streamer while reviewing all of the engine game gurus in a negative way, talk about entities that despite the distance they suffer a blow even at a considerable distance, and to this is added with this correlated bug the fact that when the DOORS are opened they are no longer considered solid or a strategic point where to shelter from the blows but once opened (and I do not say while they are being opened, but when the animation is static) you suffer blows as if there was no collision.

one thing that I noticed is the fact that the legacy maps, in the various settings with tabs if you set the shadow from real time to pre bake .... and reload the level you will see everything in stripes ... (i don't know if is entities fault and i don't think is my fault), my map is broken in legacy map. (see 232 snapshot)

in my opinion and some youtube streamer that review games made with game gurus there is a disproportionality of technical base between the character and the world that surrounds it, it almost sounds like the player character was a dwarf (with all the respect I have for the dwarfs) because it is quite annoying to the eye and we know that the eye wants its part, we do not expect a TRIPLE A game but that at least reflects good visibility.

Another "bug" is the fact of the script to collect the weapon and replace it; , if one changes his mind? there must be an animation that makes it fall to the ground that you have in your hand, then later if you want to take it again replace it and not as if by magic if you decide to replace it the weapon you had in hand SPREAD !.

Here some little useful advice and asking for features to make game guru more interesting, reasoning from the fact that in order to create a unique game we have to work with us some aspects to make it different from others and one of these aspects is the fact of not using the entities used in 100.000 other game guru games (asset flip), it's not nice to see the same monsters, the same characters and the same settings, one buy a game and has seen them all, so from the customer's point of view it's nice to have available a game that has assets created by the author of the game and so what would help us besides the ebe editor? (part external programs such as blender, mixamo etc) another type of ebe editor inside the engine itself aimed instead at the construction of nature called ENE (EASY NATURE EDITOR), so that the developer can create trees, plants, grass , flowers directly from the game editor engine and then easily insert them into the game.
and maybe instead of letting the CC (character creator) lapse we can make it more attractive if instead of creating characters we can modify existing ones, each type of entity.

Certainly improve The ebe editor is a priority, we must add the possibility of creating doors, columns, roofs, other types of stairs, having other shapes available.

It is necessary to remove the limitations that the editor has, in this case the possibility of bringing (creating a zone thanks to a specific mark Lua) the use of textures from 15 to unlimited as for the ebb building, every single house project has 15 textures, so each mark a zone as many for an unlimited amount to make it more detailed a map and every texture also be accompanied by a sound just like in the ebe editor, infinite choose of vegetation species (you have noticed for a long time that when we use paint grass the icons of the textures appear, they cannot be replaced with the choice of different types of grass? In the second case there is also a limitation to be removed in the use of the sound and in the animations of the characters many more than those to provision, if for example we want the game to have more than one language spoken in the dubbing section, if someone has people available who can dub both in one language and another we can choose to add others to make the game closer to a normal commercial ...

You need to be able to choose how big you want the map to be from the beginning.

It is necessary to have more tools available for the terrain editor, different shapes that are not obtained even with a combination of them, the possibility of editing the terrain not only from above in the game but also in front of you, a tool more focused on make things detailed.

We need to have different water animations available, for example the waves of the sea, the coming and going of a stream, the speed of a river's flow and so on.

Should we implement an animation or at least add a hand when activating command f for the torch, where does light come from the body of the character? () even the most silly games that have a light on them use a minimal animation where they press themselves to activate the torch ... (then if you don't want it you can take it off even if I still bet for many users it's not clear, if someone uses a medieval fantasy style game I read it can be disabled ... but I don't remember where ...)

We should include how the radiant gtk of the destructible walls was made through scripts (ok that can be left to the user, but even an inexperienced could have this gem if walls are used without textures, so raw walls where you can choose through the Jews the breaking point and through the script how, that is, how many bullet shots? Or adding the condition SE there is a collision with that particular object (as for the famous enemy territory, when passing the tank it destroyed the wall by turning the corner and it was a thing of 2002 that users could do for free with the gtk radiant ...)

It would be nice for someone like me who wants to create a role-playing game the chance to have scripts for choosing the character (I would like to create at least 4) so ??as to have 4 stories in a single standalone game.

We need to improve the editor to finally have higher performances, we need to load textures and area entities through a mark or scripts, and loading menu more fast ..

Finally a future consideration: We should create the possibility of being able to allow the user to play in multiplayer (even if at present the multiplayer does not take it into consideration but given the News by Lee to fix it in such a way even by those who do not have the guru game editor can play online you could create a standalone where in the menu you can choose single or multiplayer mode, it could be intriguing in the future ...

Here we go some little questions that could be a nice feature if we don't have to implement it:
Is there the possibility at the beginning in the menu to add the choice of the language with which you want to play as you do in many games? that is, I still have to create the stand alone to understand it, but it seems to me that there is not .., at the end of the creation of the standalone process we should add the possibility to create a custom menu where to add other settings and items, like for example the flags for choosing about your language (ie we should be able to set the game in two or more languages).
So I go back to talking about a more complete, custom menu, with more extensive graphic settings, the possibility of using commands other than the predefined ones, then a map key where you can also use the joystick, different types of graphic filters like horror (gloomy atmosphere but not dark as I've seen in many games), movie filter, antialiasing, etc.
another noob question is: is the engine game guru the build made mostly in opengl or direct 3d? The opegl took so much resource while direct 3d the processing is more immediate and you save a lot of fps, we need to concentrate resource firectylt from graphic card instaed leave done all the dirt work to the software, this remind me emulators system like psx, if you choose opengl the rendering sucks, while if you choose direct 3d we have a lot amount of fps, the software MUST recognize hardware e choose best setting like a wizard, so maybe next stop will be to point to 64 instaed 32,, choose amount of ram use, dedicated etc.
Another noob question is: is the engine count more polygons with high textures resolution?
Another stupid question: Is there a possibility to add (like in windows xp) some custom memory allocation (like in windows xp control panel) to make you believe you have more ram available by consuming space on your hard disk in order to get more speed and resources?

now, let's speaking about a script user created: "the quest mode" of annihilation of some entities to finish the mission gives me this error .. error 103 nil them, after this error all entites in that area the will ignore me and going near the first wall and attack them... O_O

and the shark created by a user in this forum, if positioned in the water, jumps high out instead of moving as it should (it reminds me a bug of the drunk character, see snapshot 33 from to 42)
Windows 10 pro
8 gb ram, asus Geforce gtx 660 2gb, 2TB, amd 3280 4 core, 8 logic

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2019 14:58 Edited at: 7th Aug 2019 14:59
Quote: " I have my personal bug list .. of well 12 bugs, PLEASE NOTICE: i'm still using legacy map."

I hate to say this after all that hard effort and typing but the bugs you mention and feature requests should now be posted on GitHub.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:00:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:00:11