Work In Progress / The Last Dweller

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2019 19:32 Edited at: 5th Jul 2019 20:29

Developer: L-DuP / Campsite Games

Storyline: For centuries a secretive and secluded society called The Dwellers lived in abandoned caves in the northern mountains of the continent of Dalaya. They were strictly forbidden to make contact with outsiders and lived peaceful lives without the prominent dangers of the outside world. But one day, one Dweller had a fateful prophecy in their dreams, which told them about an impending doom that threatened not only the Dweller Society themselves, but all of Dalaya as well. Breaking with every tradition and principle that they grew up with, they seek out to leave the caves in order to find meaning behind this strange dream…and to save the world.

Description: Inspired by genre classics like the The Elder Scrolls games, I always wanted to make my own first person action-rpg. Having used FPSC back in the days, I stumbled upon GameGuru recently and saw how much the engine has improved over the years. Even though it is still more or less intended to be used for the creation of linear, level based games, I want to make the most out of this type of game structure to emulate a living and believable semi-open-world, that gives the player the feeling of freedom, while still being linear at its core.
The Last Dweller will feature multiple subcontinents of its huge world of Dalaya, separated into multiple levels each. Some will require the player to revisit areas that they have already been to. I intend to implement many custom game systems and scripts, such as different types of quests, NPC encounters, a dynamic map system etc., to create fresh and diversified gameplay in order to carry forward the mysterious and epic tale of the Dwellers and the world of Dalaya. Since game making is a hobby for me, the game will be completely free, once it’s released.

Watch the official Trailer for The Last Dweller here:

For more information and updates on development, feel free to visit my The Last Dweller blog/website and follow Campsite Games on Twitter.
https://thelastdweller.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/campsitegames
PM
Solar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2019 09:20
Wow! This looks very good!

The video is very well done, I also like the atmosphere.

Excellent!
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 7th Jul 2019 08:33
Good luck with this, I like your vision for the game.

Cheers.
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
looks badass
L-DuP
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback everyone
Looking forward to sharing new updates on development soon!
PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2019 00:52
Yes Yes Yes !
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:10:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:10:48