Product Chat / [SOLVED] Should this happen or not , need info.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Jun 2019 21:24
HI all.
i just want to know if i use the concrete cylinders of Cityscape and i walk inside them , is this normal for the camera to look outside the cylinder , if so then fine if not what can i do to keep it from happening.
See video.

Thanks for any info or help.
Pcs
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Im guessing its the tight curve of the mesh causing the issue.
Not sure what you can do apart from scale them up or restrict the closeness you can get to the sides ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2019 05:59
I believe preben is working on this. There are still instances of the player camera clipping thru geometry.
But as Synchrmesh said, the FOV can be altered a bit, or you can adjust the "collisionscaling" by adding it to the fpe file and lower then 100 is restricting the player camera inside the cylinder and over 100 will allow the camera to move outside or clip thru the cylinder more.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2019 06:11
its a similar issue to where some trees can be looked inside of. There was a reason why this is happening and it was to prevent another bug of some sort.
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Its just one of those variables that are hard to adjust for any kind of level.

but in setup.ini
change:
lowestnearcamera=2
to:
lowestnearcamera=1

And let me know if it works

The problem with this variable is that the lower it is the more z fighting you get in the distance , so it need to be adjusted. as i remember when i made this we had another problem with the depth buffer that was fixed , so perhaps we can now lower it to 1 by default.

Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There was a reason why this is happening and it was to prevent another bug of some sort."

The bug was z clash. The camera settings were changed to avoid it, but as a result you can now see through walls when close up. For example placing a plane on a wall as a poster or picture. The old system would flicker the poster and wall when you move so far away, the new settings reduce that, but give you the reverse problem of vanishing walls when really close.

It's not really a bug just the camera settings. Any engine would do the same. Now we can at least adjust them though which is a help Before, all we could do was adjust the view distance, which is effectively the max camera distance. Now we can set the minimum as well.

Playing with the settings Preben has listed should let you tweak it to suit your game needs
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
DVader: Yes, also in tab tab the "Camera Distance" has a impact , so try to also lower this , should also help.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@Preben. I've spent more time playing about with min and max camera ranges, than I care to remember Everything I've used before has had an equivalent, DB, DB Pro and AGK.

I was glad that it was finally added into GG, as I was sick of so many store and even DLC objects flickering like mad - mostly windows and doors. I knew what was wrong, but no way to fix it from GG! So Kudos for adding it!
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Jun 2019 19:46
Hi guys, thanks you all for the info, i will look in to it and test everything you guys said.
will let you know how things are going.

Thanks
Pcs
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Jun 2019 20:14
OK. i have tested.
the lowestnearcamera=1 did not help, but when i pressed tab tab and adjusted the camera distance the i could adjusted it until it was perfect.
with a setting of 50% i could even run against the side of the concrete tunnel and it was still fine.
Thanks a lot for everyone's quick response.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
@PCS: lowestnearcamera=1 do matter in the "camera distance" calculation , without it i guess you would have to go as low as 30% to get it to work, it seams that lowestnearcamera=1 makes it more easy for the users to adjust this, so i will change this to a default in the next update, thanks for testing this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:55:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:55:34