Scripts / One for smallg and Amen Moses

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2019 20:22 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2019 20:59
hi you two got a couple of things doing my head in maybe you can explain the in's and outs

first one @smallg this SetSkyTo(str) how's it work m8? when I add a value to the str part of the entity it crashes the editor? is it a % or a full value? (no description on how to use it in the global) If I add a value to the script it seems to do nothing?
Second one is for either of you @smallg you mentioned script range? I have two characters that I need to just walk from 1 port to the other and back (traders) but they only activate when I'm at a certain distance and if I stop they after that distance stop? they are set to always active using the path finding script so they work fine but just stop and walk on the spot at the said range?

Why is this? If you remember you did a script a while back for me using aircraft which would fly off the map and then turn around and fly back etc etc, so why would a script on an entity following a waypoint stop when the planes didn't?

Totally confused by this and its a bit crappy surly there's a way to get an entity just to walk past the said (script range) doesn't make an sense to me loads of game have npc's doing this.

Cheers guys
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2019 21:45 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2019 22:04
It's a string, i.e. the name of the sky that you want to switch to.

The rules on when to execute a Lua script are that it has to be always active to work when not a particular range from the player … but … I think there are separate rules in the engine for 'characters'.

Are your characters using the standard ai scripts?

Just tested a character with the old style script and it was quite happily following waypoints way off in the distance, so far in fact that I could only just see it.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2019 22:54 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2019 23:20
Oh I see you use another skybox righty thank you makes sense now would I need to use the full address e.g skybank\\new sky etc?
as to the script ive just kinda started it here it is was going to get them walking there and back before I started adding the nitty gritty bits.

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:57:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:57:38