Product Chat / How to change AI rate of fire?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

I've created several characters using the character creator, they are using weapons from BSP's Modern Weapons packs. When I tested them, all of them shot at me with an insane rate of fire, including the ones armed with shotguns, snipers, and pistols. Every single one was shooting hundreds of shots per second.

I attempted changing the rate of fire through their fpe files, even setting it to 1, but this still did not work. All of the guns have normal fire rates when a player uses them, but when an AI has them, they seem to go crazy.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, thank you.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2019 22:39 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2019 09:24
Have you tried the character properties ?
Your going the wrong way anyway … The higher the number the slower the rate of fire and the longer the delay

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AnTaReSLava
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the response!

That did work, although whenever the AI fires these shotguns or pistols, it still looks and sounds like they're firing an automatic weapon, is there any way I can change that?
PM
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2019 01:11 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2019 01:14
Go to Files>gamercore>guns> then find which ever folder BSP guns are in. Pick whichever gun you want to edit and open the folder.
Find the text file called "gunspec" (i'd recommend making a backup before you edit anything). Open the gunspec file and find the line where it says
fireloop =
for pistols and shotguns try setting it to
fireloop = 0

Then try making the rate of fire on enemies something like 180 and see if that helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 20:18:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 20:18:14