Product Chat / [LOCKED] Less updates this year?

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 05:51 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 05:55
Yeah you must be a sucker cos GG can only make first person shooters .........

Ooh look not first person and not a shooter, who'd have thunk it?!?!

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 08:53
Very impressive demo, Belidos! Great work

AE
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 09:17 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 09:19
That looks incredible Belidos.

And with a bit of custom LUA adventure/detective type games too.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220589
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 13:36
First person shooter, third person slasher, same diff. But granted good demo with the loot etc.

Multiplayer? Well at least it is working on a feature that has never worked? Wonder how that is going to fix core issues like memory.

Did notice that TGC have chimed in on a thread to do with DLC, but not at all concerned with threads like this, where long term users are concerned as to where GG is headed.

Road-map, and an interest in current user-base - that would help.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 13:45
nice looking level Belidos, like the wall kicking.
Compiling the latest GG source + alphasite branch source and will take a look at memory issues and any other bugs I can be bothered to look at , can't be hard ha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 13:52
Quote: "Did notice that TGC have chimed in on a thread to do with DLC, but not at all concerned with threads like this, where long term users are concerned as to where GG is headed."

This is not surprising, given that the vast majority of the 105 posts in this thread so far have been negative and highly critical of TGC. It's a nest of vipers in here, no company wants to get drawn in to arguing their business practices with their customers. Reputational Management 101.

AE
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 15:31
hey guys,,,,
notice what lee said on December 2017...

" Hopefully, this casts some light on GameGuru and Memory and goes some way to explain why this has not already been tackled. Now that we've converted the original engine to C++, and now DirectX 11, we are definitely one step closer and one reason less to solve the memory issue for good, and giving you the power to create games with hundreds of levels. Perhaps until now there has been so much feedback on visuals and performance that internal memory management has not had the limelight, but it's a worthy topic of discussion and a serious obstacle to releasing commercially viable titles (I would also feel a little cringy if I had to demo a large 5 level game at an Expo with the current version that's for sure).

Almost 1.5 years ago,,,and how much progress ???

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 16:18
Quote: "Almost 1.5 years ago,,,and how much progress ???"

Quite a lot, there have been two or three updates that have dealt with memory and resource issues, and at the moment it is FAR better than it was a year ago, it's still not as good as it could be, but it's a lot better.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 17:49 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 17:56
Quote: "Almost 1.5 years ago,,,and how much progress ???"

It has substantially improved compared to what it has been in early 2018.

Quote: "This is not surprising, given that the vast majority of the 105 posts in this thread so far have been negative and highly critical of TGC. It's a nest of vipers in here,"

Yes. What beats me is why. We have had this type of thread since its inception and yet they pop up regularly every few months.
We have people in here so dismissive of GG, and feeling this way for years, that I wonder why they stay. It must be obvious that rehashing the same circular argument does not necessarily lead us anywhere. Its the same with other things in this community: For example, whenever there are no news about GG from TGC, which happens pretty much every year now, there is a guaranteed panic and endless debate either on here or on IM services. Every time without fail.

I have my gripes with GG and how its managed and I was always vocal about that but I can only assume that for Lee, the overwhelming negative feedback and dismissal of actual functional features can't be exactly motivating.

-Wolf
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 19:10 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 19:14
A lot of people stay because of promises often empty year in year out.
every year something new comes up then no development.

remember this ( RPG World ). yes supposed to be nothing, now another disapeering act, with AGK-S.
its a wander why people get peed with same old thing every year. stuck in the middle of projects. not everyone on the
forum just has an interest in selling on the store and are worried about there income if people leave,
we want to develop games in an engine promised to be worthy to make or develop a game, after all thats why we are
still here isnt it.

@ I have my gripes with GG and how its managed and I was always vocal about that but I can only assume that for Lee, the overwhelming negative feedback and dismissal of actual functional features can't be exactly motivating.

Then stop letting the community down its that simple. fix the bugs, mp development , vr ect whats the point if then engine is so unstable
with bugs memory issues. all i see lately is DLC new updates ect special offers on DLC packs. why purchase when the engine
is incapable of building a game with multiple levels. ridiculous work around with every other step you make.
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 19:33 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 19:40
@Wolf
" It has substantially improved compared to what it has been in early 2018."

Sorry Wolf...I was referring only to the memory issue there....

@ Belidos
" Quite a lot, there have been two or three updates that have dealt with memory and resource issues, and at the moment it is FAR better than it was a year ago, it's still not as good as it could be, but it's a lot better."

GREAT ... thx...
glad to know we can have more than 3 or 4 levels now and no one complains of memory crashes anymore,,,uhmmmmmmmm.................

Lees words..........
"and giving you the power to create games with hundreds of levels"

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 20:13 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 20:15
Does anyone use this command in the setup ini ?
" standalonefreememorybetweenlevels=0 "

Never really sure which is on or off though … they seem to vary
Its was supposed to rectify a lot of the memory issue ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 20:49
Make sure it is set to 1 in the stand alone build folder in the setup.ini file. This is supposed to help free memory.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 20:53
Quote: "Does anyone use this command in the setup ini ?
" standalonefreememorybetweenlevels=0 " "

I have, it works, setting to 1 releases all the textures from memory that have been loaded in the previous level prior to loading of next one. However, if most (nearly all) of the textures are reused in all of the levels then best to leave as 0 (or just releasing then reloading textures that have all ready been loaded)
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Remember me? Go, go GG! I am rooting for the success of GG!
I have been very positive and supportive of GG-- but I gave up serious
building after the large projects I undertook failed for reasons based
upon the engine. Memory and file systems-- which are being discussed
presently. Thanks for the info. Now I am just watching to learn the
delicate methods to overcome the problems so I can continue.

And as always discussed, everyone wants to ask why does it seem
like a FPS level creator vs a legitimate game maker? Well, this has
been addressed many times. It's because there is no engine based
system to create your own custom menu. For this particular engine,
considering it's intentions, that would be a feature that seems obvious,
but it does not exist. You can go into the windows files folders and
re-arrange the files. Just having a GG offered menu system and a
stable build, GG potential would increase 5x........ fast!
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2019 23:49 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 23:52
Quote: "
I have, it works, setting to 1 releases all the textures from memory that have been loaded in the previous level prior to loading of next one. However, if most (nearly all) of the textures are reused in all of the levels then best to leave as 0 (or just releasing then reloading textures that have all ready been loaded)"

Yes, if you use this ini setting and you have much of the same textures repeating in other levels, you are just adding extra unneeded loadtime for dumping and reloading. This is mostly for textures only and from my understanding should be used if your maps are no longer using textures from previous levels.

Though Preben and others may be able to explain what exactly this is doing when enabled. For instance, does this also include PNG sprites and OGG and WAV files? Or is it purely textures. And does this process start only between level map loads or does it also occur when loading in save files (of which have been knock to crash overtime due to memory overlaps of sorts).
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2019 00:19
The reason we stay (I'm guessing I am in the 'wonder why they stay' bracket) is we love Game Guru enough to have stayed around all these years.

Game Guru is an awesome tool, and has huge potential. Lee really has cooked up a fantastic tool here, and I for one, are not knocking him for that.

A few of the posters in this thread have dared to express how they feel with regard to GG's future, and in true fashion, because we have an opinion that is critical of the product, as a result, get put in the 'panic' crowd. But still I can understand that.

For the record I am not in panic mode. If it gets better then that would be awesome, if it all stays the same then no biggie I have still had fun.

From this point in I have decided to put all of my efforts into my game, and just see to what level I can take that, perhaps by the time I have anything worth spouting about, the memory\lighting\grass\terrain\...... issues will be sorted.

------------
However since it is obviously best to not voice our concerns I will keep silent from here on in, but will leave just a couple more of my 'panicky' thoughts:

1) Going by the experience of others who have been around TGC products much longer than myself - there seams to be a pattern - develop a product to a point, then move the attention to the next product. That can change though. Will it?

2) Game Guru is unique, it is way too cheap even as it is now, put all your resources into developing THIS TOOL, make it awesome, and sell for what it is worth.

3) Wonder where GG would be now if My World never happened, and in another two years time if AGK-S didn't happen?

4) Get a roadmap.

5) Most important: It would take some time from development, yes, but keeping your user-base in the loop goes a long way to quashing 'so-called' panic. The only info we get is from a third party unofficial news letter that at best can only speculate on where this product is headed. Think about it....

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2019 11:28
I agree with all 5 points...
Maybe we should sit and wait... let’s see what will happen with GG the next few months.
Thread should be closed, enough negative feedback... I think the GG dev team knows now, how the users think and feel at the moment, and what they want. All we can do is... sit and wait...
Maybe TGC will inform us what they have planned for 2019 (GG).
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2019 11:43
Hi all,
i have been using fps creator and GG for almost ten years now , and i still love it.
i really do not understand all the negative responses on steam. it seams that a lot of people who buy GG are making AAA games or so.
They all complains of lack of this lack of that, bad texture. etc etc.. unity is better and free etc etc etc...
but if you are making really AAAAAAA games, i really do not think that they ever will response on GG.. they have there own people who make things happen.
i think we are all just people who love to make indy kind of games, not a whole crew behind, but more or less solo.. so why complains..
GG is by far really easy.. if i look at myself, i can not script.. i can make things but the scripting part is just very hard for me..
in GG i can place things and characters and they move... yep really they move and shoot at me.... i have looked at unity, after the start up i was lost...
after a while i could place things , but i was not the same simplicity i love in GG...
So if i look at the responses, there must be a lot of people who makes real good AA texture games,
normally i am not responding to this negativity, but i love GG , for me it a way to make things , create things after a hard day work, have fun, show off to my mates… make simple games. etc etc... a hobby for the long run ...

so play have fun, and ohh have fun…
Harry
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2019 11:47
GG is quite simply THE easiest tool for 3D game creation. Yes we need workarounds, ability to write LUA is important, but it IS easy to learn to get your ideas working.

Lets just let Lee get on with bug fixes etc. I'm sure he will let us know soon what is happening.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Apr 2019 12:36
I think all round this thread as hit the points people wanted to get across with that in mind I think its time to move on and lock this thread.
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:56:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:56:33