Product Chat / [LOCKED] Less updates this year?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 17:59
Just read the newsletter #6 which was in my mailbox...
Looks like the focus is at the moment on AGK Studio.
So what can we expect this year from GG?
I know the team is small, but releasing another new product will slow down the updates for GG...
Correct me if I’m wrong....

Updates, I don’t mean small bugfixes and addons... I mean another biiiig update, not sure if we will see some major updates. If Studio is selling well, then maybe the focus will be on Studio for the rest of the year. No?
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 18:20
For me its not so much about the big updates and such that i look forward to. Its really the small annoying bugs or issues that get in the way of actually enjoying the game dev process with the engine. The small things that can make things unnecessarily difficult.

One of the long-standing issues has always been the way entities in the editor are handled. Positioning, Scaling and Rotating is really wonky and there is no way to input any numerical values to avoid the wonky widget controls. I greatly appreciate the addition of the widget when it came, though it needs a lot more fine tuning.

Currently we have about 133 bug reports remaining:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/labels/bug

Its when i see items like those being addressed and ticked off , do i get rejuvenated with the excitement of the engines development.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 19:18
The problem with numbers in the editor for positioning is making them useful, for example a typical position for an object placed near the initial start position on an empty map might be:
x = 25672.75, y = 627.6, z = 22730.23

A typical Eular angle for one might be:
xa = -27.636, ya = 78.25, z = 0.567

How would any of those numbers be of any use?

What you would really need is a reference plane or reference point which could be placed on the map and then use that to locate entities as numerical values in relation to it.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 20:27
133 bugs remaining, and sometimes with an update new bugs appear on things which have worked before (e.g. standalone encryption) lol.

I still have these 2 screenshots from AGK S in my head... the table and the stonewall... man, i wish GG would be able to produce this kind of visual quality. But more and more i think this will never happen.

PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 20:31 Edited at: 4th Apr 2019 20:38
Quote: "Just read the newsletter #6 which was in my mailbox...
Looks like the focus is at the moment on AGK Studio.
So what can we expect this year from GG?"

AGK Studio likely has been the focus for some time now....

No news on the GG front means there IS NO news. The progress GG could have made in the last few years if all hands were on deck could probably have been amazing.

When I read that news letter - I decided there and then to stop work on Toonland media for the store - Skyboxes, Terrains, Grasses, Trees, Models (about 6 months worth). I feel like I would just be conning people to invest in an engine that is largely going no-where.

I really hope I am wrong but I just don't think anyone other that those working for nix via GitHub have any real desire to see GG to any kind of completion.

Game Guru is on the back-burner.

This years progress - if any - will determine whether or not I bother with it at all in 2020.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. M1: Samsung 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 21:07
Quote: "I still have these 2 screenshots from AGK S in my head... the table and the stonewall... man, i wish GG would be able to produce this kind of visual quality."

I believe AGK S runs on the Vulcan rendering engine so, short of completely ripping out Game Guru's renderer and replacing it with Vulcan or similar (which was suggested back when X11 was first mooted), we will likely never see this level of graphical fidelity in Game Guru. Not unless they give us global illumination. At the moment, Game Guru can't even do shadows consistently :/

Quote: "When I read that news letter - I decided there and then to stop work on Toonland media for the store - Skyboxes, Terrains, Grasses, Trees, Models (about 6 months worth). I feel like I would just be conning people to invest in an engine that is largely going no-where."

You could always repurpose your pack for other engines? The Unity crowd would gobble up well-made, toon-y content like yours. Or there's even the AGKS users, whose first port of call will still be the TGC Store. But I get what you're saying. For a few months now I've wanted to start a YouTube channel of Game Guru tutorials to teach people how to get the most out of it...but I just can't justify the effort it would require when it seems like this engine is being left to waste away at the bottom of a well.

AE
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 21:26
Hmmm... well yes, I have to agree.
I’ve bought many DLCs and models in the store.
But at the moment I think, that I will not invest more money in models.
Because what should I do with all the great stuff, if my games running at 20fps when I use too many detailed models.

As Wolf said in the Steam forum, performance and lighting. These are 2 core things, which I hope 2019 will be updated. I still want to realize my projects with GG, but we need more power and a better light system... else 2020 I’ve to look deeper into the other engines.

I really like GG, but sometimes it’s hard to remove this and that from your levels to increase the FPS.
Then the amazing scene is not that impressive anymore.... because of the low performance of GG.
I’ve the bad feeling that it’s getting quiet here (updates). I can understand that they work now on their next big thing and they need to earn money. But it’s sad for the great idea behind GG...
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 21:29
global illumination... one of the things I ask for... back in 2015.... voting board... well.
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 21:34
Yeah been thinking of getting more serious with Unity for a while now. Game Guru has such a nice dev approach to it that you just want it to succeed.

But sooner or later you just gotta accept reality, I really don't see this engine getting to its full potential.

I bought AGK a few months back, now they come up with AGK Studio, all the while Game-Guru flounders like a wet fish on floor of the boat - just so peeved with TGC atm.... Not spending another cent or any more energy on products from or for them for the foreseeable future.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. M1: Samsung 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 22:05
I doubt AGK Studio will affect the development of GG, they've just hired two new devs (well one new one, and preben) so even with AGK Studio in development, the team's nearly twice the size it was before.

Lee has already stated that he will be taking 6 months to sort out bugs with the odd feature in between, maybe there's no news because he's working on those bugs and wants to put them into beta in big chunks and doesn't want to promise anything before he's ready.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 22:20 Edited at: 4th Apr 2019 22:22
Quote: "I doubt AGK Studio will affect the development of GG"

Preben work on AGK Studio so it actually affects GG, because all his development for GG is frozen at the moment.

Quote: "I believe AGK S runs on the Vulcan rendering engine so, short of completely ripping out Game Guru's renderer and replacing it with Vulcan or similar (which was suggested back when X11 was first mooted), we will likely never see this level of graphical fidelity in Game Guru."

As if the render engine has something to do with the quality. DirectX11 is nearly as advanced as Vulcan. You will never see a screenshot like this in GG, because directx11 is not fully used. Even if we throw directx11 out and replace it with vulcan, there will be no quality difference as long we not use its features in the source.

Yes the bugs list is big, but finding bugs is very complicated without a good debugging. I search for the character scaling bug (where npcs sink in the floor) for nearly 20 hours and I still have no clue why this happens.

The development is very high at the moment, but the news about the coming features are hidden

And I am very happy about agk studio. It has so much cool features and maybe GG users will profit from these in the future
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 22:20 Edited at: 4th Apr 2019 22:23
Yeah, two new devs that could be realizing GG future.

A lot of GG best feature updates came from Prebens work last year - and he is now tied up with AGK-S.

Sorry I don't share your optimism, the way I read the news letter is AGK Studio is now the focus. Yet another tool, yet another year of slow development - if any - for GG.

As said in another thread, so many bugs in GG, and yet another tool in development.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 22:27 Edited at: 4th Apr 2019 22:28
Quote: "Lee has already stated that he will be taking 6 months to sort out bugs with the odd feature in between, maybe there's no news because he's working on those bugs and wants to put them into beta in big chunks and doesn't want to promise anything before he's ready."

I hope your right but there’s nothing showing up on GitHub ,we shall see

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 22:40
Spock is a Vulcan, the API is Vulkan.

Oh and Vulkan is way more advanced than DX11, DX12 comes close though.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 22:53 Edited at: 4th Apr 2019 22:55
Quote: "Sorry I don't share your optimism, the way I read the news letter is AGK Studio is now the focus. Yet another tool, yet another year of slow development - if any - for GG."

And exactly the same was said a couple of years back when they started RPG World, that turned out to be wrong then too,GameGuru was still worked on.

We seem to be going in circles as a community with this,

ooh a new product ... doom and gloom ....
yay an update for gg ...
ooh a new product ... doom and gloom ...
yay an update for gg ...

rinse repeat ad infintum.

It's exactly the same with the xmas quiet patch every year, you guys are so pessimistic it hurts

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 23:00
I texted with lee a while ago and he says he next update will not come very soon.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 23:13 Edited at: 4th Apr 2019 23:14
You can see the progress on GitHub, flatlining
.The last update was other people’s (very generous work ,thank you ) merged into the engine

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe I've been funding all of TGC's non-work days,
seeing as I've put about $400 (or more) in the store?!?

I am working on the next big project- then I hear this!
Yep, it's been very quiet. Maybe when Lee said it's just going to be
"bug fixes" for GG this year, he really meant "nothing much" this year.

Trudge on and accept the inevitable that Unity will have to be learned,
and with that a new scripting language, and make all your own assets!
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 02:27 Edited at: 5th Apr 2019 03:17
9 years with tgc same again each year .
learning another engine is a must for me
as GG is finally dying . put on the back
burner yet again . respect to lee for the
updated dx11 and pbr ,
but in all the years here i have never seen
a game built and published with any of the
different engines built, yes i have seen many
levels built with high quality by users.
but no real game releases . bugs and memory
cap will always hold back GG. relying or handing
over the engine updates to git hub. was not
the answer the developer is responsible for the
build , and progress of the engine, respect has to
go to the community and there skills here for there
hard work and patience , i have seen all the engines
built by TGC, but GG has pushed away the simple process
of game making with GG , if you have to go down the scripting
route and work around every bug in the engine is it realy worth
it . i have seen a thread here about games on steam, and the feed back
and quality of the games released on steam, well i no they look bad
but that is it you could make it graphically better , but out of the box
expect what you see this engine is made for ease of use and will not
get much better. perhaps the next dx9 or dx10 or GG might have a chance
in the future, i am disappointed every couple of years a new a engine same
again get close to something good then bang put on back burner for the next
new engine build, i dont regret using this software and the engines, and do
have some respect for TGC, as my son followed me on the journey from 10 years
old, he has now moved from university for a full scholarship in the game industry
with backing from major a major game company . so i probably ow some of that
to TGC,
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 06:30
Gubby, you aren't funding gg by buying stuff on the store, the store is not owned by tgc, its a third party store, has been for a couple of years now.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Mmh ... actually I do not comment on such topics, but ...

Ever since GG began, every year slowly, this year it is somehow different, it is april. I'm afraid the whole project will die off more slowly. And I think we are all guilty of it. From the beginning, gameguru in the basic version was unable to complete a game without interfering. Instead of dealing with the essence, you had to jump on every new move, partly because we, the users, wanted it that way. New features also bring new problems. Then old ones are displaced and thus a scourge. Finally, the actual goal has moved so far away that it seems unreachable. That's the point of resignation. I hope it does not come to that. I think of all the pledgers (gold, silver, bronze) who invested in the project. They should be reminder. I will not leave the ship because I'm too lazy and too old to do anything else. But I hope I am wrong and everything is different.
Unfortunately, I can only google-English, and I do not know if I have expressed reasonably reasonable.
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 08:37
AmenMoses wrote: "Spock is a Vulcan, the API is Vulkan."

Ah OK, I didn't realise Vulkan was an API all of its own.

Belidos wrote: "We seem to be going in circles as a community with this,

ooh a new product ... doom and gloom ....
yay an update for gg ...
ooh a new product ... doom and gloom ...
yay an update for gg ...

rinse repeat ad infintum."

I put that down to those updates never really living up to expectations. New features only seem to get half-implemented. Character Creator, EBE, Terrain painter, PBR... They never really live up to the hype, they're never really 'finished'. And many new features break something elsewhere in GG. So when news filters down that Lee and Co are turning their attentions elsewhere for a while, it leaves many of us feeling left out in the cold.

AE

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Just going to say that agk studio isn't currently using Vulcan so that video should have been done in DX so yes GG is capable of it (though agk has more shader freedom due to allowing shader edits in real time)
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 11:12 Edited at: 5th Apr 2019 11:15
Quote: "When I read that news letter - I decided there and then to stop work on Toonland media for the store - Skyboxes, Terrains, Grasses, Trees, Models (about 6 months worth). I feel like I would just be conning people to invest in an engine that is largely going no-where."

Don't waste all your time and effort upload them as supporting other engines on the store, the store is moving into supporting other engines more and more and we get many orders from users that don't even use GameGuru now, so it is worth uploading for those people. It is an area we only expect to grow as the store focuses further on other engines. The future of the store is supporting all the major engines so expect my focus to be there.

@GubbyBlips

As mentioned before the store isn't owned by TheGameCreators, so they don't receive any funds. What you are supporting however is a thriving community of talented creators which is a great thing
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 11:20
Quote: "Don't waste all your time and effort upload them as supporting other engines on the store"

Not even sure if any of my media is good enough for that. They have only been designed and tested using Game-Guru. Not tried them with any other engine.

The only way I could do that is to get familiar with other engines - such as unity or whatever - so I can test that they work for the intended target.

Very hesitant atm, for now everything is on hold.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 11:52
@reliquia

No problem just an idea, if you need help you can drop me an email.

We also have an option to upload just as a model without any engine support, so users are responsible for taking whatever format you provide and making it work in their engine.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 12:15
Quote: "We also have an option to upload just as a model without any engine support, so users are responsible for taking whatever format you provide and making it work in their engine."

Can we get some documentation for that? There's plenty of documentation for uploading gameguru ready files (file and zip structure etc.) but nothing that i can see for non-gameguru media, specifically needed is things like zip and file structure etc.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 12:55 Edited at: 5th Apr 2019 12:55
I don't get involved much with this side of things I just plod on, I like GameGuru but then again I liked FPSC Reloaded
and we all know what hapend to that. I go with reliquia and devlin on this matter I can honestly
say that I can never see GameGuru be the Engine we all wanted it to be. The truth is GameGuru is a 3D Model 3D world
viewer , you can see your model but don't expect to use GameGuru to create a Fully loaded workable high quality game.

I have stopped even converting classic assets to GameGuru as I can no longer justify the time I spend converting for
a game engine that is never going to be what we had all hoped. I have bought over the years £1100 approx worth of assets
that I have now accepted I will never create a game with. This is also why i will not buy anymore DLC packs as it's
just more money wasted money, so I am leaning blender to create models for other formats and see that as a better
use of my time and efforts, i hope I'm wrong but GG will go the way of FPS Classic, FPS10 & Reloaded.
And from that will I bet arise yet another variation of these engines called maybe ''does it matter NO'' give us your money
and get on with what we do or don't do, so long as money rolls in it don't matter.

Anyways that my 2p worth and if it don't sit right with anyone I'm sorry but I am entitled to my opinion.
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 13:13 Edited at: 5th Apr 2019 13:37
Quote: "It's exactly the same with the xmas quiet patch every year, you guys are so pessimistic it hurts "

No hurt intended. Just accepting the inevitable.

In Australia things are back in full swing after xmas by end of January - mid February at the latest. We are now in April!

Don't forget that GG's glacial development is due to a lack of manpower, and that needed manpower is being directed to yet another tool, which has just come out of the blue!

So yes it would seam AGK-S is\has been getting the focus for quite some months now.

I backed Game Guru from the start - and I don't regret that at all - but GG will never be anything like we hoped for way back then.

All I see is GG is in the morgue awaiting a tombstone. lol

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 13:55
Quote: "In Australia things are back in full swing after xmas by end of January - mid February at the latest. We are now in April!"

The reference to xmas was nothing to do with now. It was an example of OTHER times of the year when this kind of pessimistic panic sets in.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 14:20
Quote: "There's plenty of documentation for uploading gameguru ready files (file and zip structure etc.) but nothing that i can see for non-gameguru media, specifically needed is things like zip and file structure etc."

Often wonder myself, what requirements a model must meet to be compatible with agk studio\unity\unreal etc.

Don't worry guys big release will comes with santa as usual.

Anyway I'll love GG forever.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 14:49
Quote: "Sorry I don't share your optimism, the way I read the news letter is AGK Studio is now the focus. Yet another tool, yet another year of slow development - if any - for GG."

How dare you say that! Don't forget about the cats! The newsletter was about AGK Studio and the cats!
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 17:18 Edited at: 5th Apr 2019 17:20
So, the bug fixing needs another 6 months.... then it’s October.
So, this year not more extra power & a better light & shadow system... hmmm
If all the manpower they have now would focus on GG, then we would see more and faster updates.
But maybe GG reach the end of his lifecycle, so let’s wait for GG2.0 yeah... no...

GG is like a Diesel Mercedes from 1982 with 60HP and yellow lights.
And around us are Diesel Mercedes from 2019 with 250HP and shiny Xenon/LED lights... lol
And for end of 2019 we can expect that our Mercedes has a working radio... lol
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "GG is like a Diesel Mercedes from 1982 with 60HP and yellow lights.
And around us are Diesel Mercedes from 2019 with 250HP and shiny Xenon/LED lights... lol
And for end of 2019 we can expect that our Mercedes has a working radio... lol"

You can always make a licence for a 2019 mercedes.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 17:45
I love classic cars.
I just wish the old Benz would have those shiny Xenon/LED lights and the 250HP.
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 23:53
Quote: "this kind of pessimistic panic"

No, no, no..... you misunderstand - not panic, acceptance

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 00:57
I've been pessimistic for several years now that GG would go the way of FPSC. There were two modders that at least brought it back to life again without the help of Lee. I have now inherited the oversight of BlackIce Mod and I was thinking of adding a few RPG (Role Playing) commands to make it a little more RPG friendly. FPSC still has more than GG as far as usability. Right now I am having problems with being able to re-compile with those RPG commands. It's mainly because there are a couple of plugins that are not being accepted in DBPro. The main plugin I use does work. Its the STYX plugin.

Anyway, I have noticed, because I'm a beta tester, the last update for beta testers was on March 25th, 2019. It's called the March Fixer. Before that, it was the February Fixer that was incorporated into the Public Previews. I have no clue as to what the fixes were as there is no documentation for it. I had just purchased 3Com's destructible buildings and when I went to test them, I was faced with some issues.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 06:22 Edited at: 6th Apr 2019 06:26
The typical way of rolling out updates, is with a simple bullet point list of whats involved. We don't really get those anymore. So things can get really confusing. Especially since things are rolled out to beta, ppv and etc.

No news, is bad news.

This sort of stuff i think really invokes genuine depression
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 08:18
Lee probably working to sort out the bugs, as the March fixer is the latest version.

Although a small list of what has been done, maybe once a week and once every 2 weeks would be nice. Just to keep us up to date.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 10:56
Anything fixed should show up on GitHub

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 12:03
Reading all the complaints about GG would lead one to think all is wonderful with other engines …

… I'm currently waiting for UR to convert a project from a previous version to the latest version, been going 4 hours and is reporting 27% done!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 12:55
Quote: "I'm currently waiting for UR to convert a project from a previous version to the latest version, been going 4 hours and is reporting 27% done!"

At least it’s getting done

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 13:27 Edited at: 6th Apr 2019 13:30
Yeah, well we don't really want to use other tools. We want Game Guru development to pick up a bit.

Lee asked quite a while back what could be done to fix the negative reviews on Steam. Someones wife said make it better.

The eventual answer is something like: glacial development will do, we just don't have any more devs to throw at it. Oh, I know, lets just get some more devs to make a new tool.

The commitment is not there to finish project Game Guru.

I wonder how BAGS next news letter will read....

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Reading all the complaints about GG would lead one to think all is wonderful with other engines …"

Why are they not perfect like everyone says
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 14:23
… and it crashed. Another lost UR project to add to my collection!
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 15:52 Edited at: 6th Apr 2019 17:08
I call it the donkey engine. Its not a pure bred race horse like the unreal engine but an adorable donkey that awkwardly and slowly shuffles you towards your destination. Its easier to get on the donkey than on the race horse but you have to be aware that it will never be the race horse. If you are actually capable of riding the race horse, I recommend you do it rather than complain about the donkey not being a horse. It will never be. Most of us discussing in this thread have been around since GG's beginning and can guess how the engine will evolve further.
I agree with Lafette's sentiment that apart from some questionable decisions by TGC, the loudest voices in the community where for features that where not all too relevant. I mean we have a PBR pipeline without proper lighting...its ridicoulus.

Despite what some might say, I feel like I am an optimist. I have hopes for GG to evolve into a beautiful mule. Because at the end of the day all I want to do is make games. I made a lot of games in the past, I want to make some more in the future. I don't have that much time to bother conjuring up a one man show in Unity or UE nor do I want to bother. If I get my mule with all the core features sorta present, I'd be one happy fellow.

So don't panic, let Lee do his bug fixing and see what he comes up with. If some more skeptical voices that believe TGC has abandoned it in favour of AGK are right. I mean, there is enough reason to get this impression. Then I had a good time with you guys making these little worlds and interacting with the lot of y'all. Chill! And remember, all those other engines are just a few mouse clicks away these days.

-Wolf

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 19:42
Sure, the other engines have bugs too, but their dev team focus on one „Game Development Product“, there’s one Unity engine, there’s one Unreal Engine. They continue the development of their main project, look a few years back. How buggy and bad Unity was in the beginning. But they never started a new side project. The focus was always on their main project. Now look how successful this (buggy) engine is today...

Epic is another story, at the moment they don’t know what to do with all the billions on the account.

So, why a tiny company has to split their development resources and try to develop 2-3 dev tools at the same time? Wouldn’t it be better to focus just on one, like Unity and Epic done in the past?
If 3-4 devs would work on the same time on the same engine, we would see faster updates & bugfixes.

Gameguru is something special.
You can create a game without coding. There’re not many tools like this available.
I don’t understand why TGC don’t use this advantage to become the no1 non-coding engine.

AGK-S
To be honest, who really need this?
It’s not that non-coding engine (correct me if I’m wrong).
You still have to do all by your own (writing code/scripts)
So who need it... why someone should use a new unknown engine (AGKS) instead of Unity or Unreal?
TGC invest months, money, manpower in a new product which have to compete with 2 AAA engines and a lot of smaller engines.
They wasting their time with AGKS, well that’s my opinion : )
Time which could be invested in the no competition non-coding engine GG....

PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sure, the other engines have bugs too, but their dev team focus on one „Game Development Product“, there’s one Unity engine, there’s one Unreal Engine."

Yeah and an epic store, unreal tournament, fortnite....
Thread and Download
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 22:10 Edited at: 6th Apr 2019 22:26
That all came after the success with their unreal engine. (Fortritte, Store)
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That all came after the success with their unreal engine. (Fortritte, Store)"

Yes this two came after the success. But unreal, the origin of unreal tournament not! And they already had a team with top specialized people out of the gaming industry at 1998.

Quote: "AGK-S
To be honest, who really need this?"

AGK cost four times as much as GG and it is published as a professional tool. So 4 GG users are worth one agk user. Just some maths
Thread and Download
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:30:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:30:36