Product Chat / [LOCKED] [SOLVED] Who Controls The Showcase For Games?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 16:11 Edited at: 30th Mar 2019 17:06
I tried to put my game MakeThatMoney on the gameguru showcase.
Never gets accepted. That is far, it's not super great. But all these games are on the showcase that the
same guy did. So something weird is going on.
[MOD EDIT]This link contains adult language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ETdw7yy0Cg
I don't care about the guy in the video. I was just showing proof that this one dev has links to the showcase on site.
probably a friend of a moderator here. So this post might be gone soon.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Contact Customer Support using the green button on the right ..
I think its GameGuruEvan that approves them..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Nevin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 16:34 Edited at: 30th Mar 2019 16:44
I don't care if mines not on there. Just something that I wanted to let people know about.
Why do we have a showcase from the same dev over and over. Why don't we have this game https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217908?page=3 in the showcase? The pics at least.

When people look at gameguru. They look at the graphics. They don't understand that Unitys toon models are not tied to Unity, that anyone can make a model in blender with the same 1 color and bring it in gameguru. So, showing GG can be more then what people spam should be what we do here.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 17:30 Edited at: 30th Mar 2019 17:31
Thanks for bringing this to attention.
I vote for having all CDIS games removed and replaced with content of at least some quality from this community. Make that Money deserves a place there for how creative you where with bringing a whole new genre to GG.
Nevin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 20:45 Edited at: 30th Mar 2019 20:47
My game was not the best example.
I'm in the process of something that shows 3rd person in a better light. At the time of MakeThatMoney, we did not have 3rd person control.

I think some rules should be in place though for the showcase.

Like 1 game per dev, or something.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 23:16 Edited at: 30th Mar 2019 23:19
@Nevin
Yours would be a great addition.
I thought " MakeThatMoney " was a cool Unique use of GameGuru

It was my understanding originally that Showcase Games would be Vetted at least to a to a certain standard
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2019 10:07 Edited at: 1st Apr 2019 10:08
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
First I would like to address the comments about moderators approving things for friends, as I feel it is important to ensure fairness. None of the moderators here will show any bias, they are all honest individuals and have a strict policy of asking another member of staff to deal with anyone they know personally. TheGameCreators don't take bias at all even for moderators if something is not suitable it will not be allowed. We would not tolerate any form of bias and operate a moderator team made up of multiple individuals for this reason so they can discuss the best course of action between them. We always aim to be fair.

With the showcase this is sometimes tricky as when the game is uploaded we often only get a description and screenshots, and have to base a decision off that, we don't allow mature content but apart from that we normally will allow everything else. If a user links us to a Steam page we have very little to go on to see if the game is good and cannot play them all. As such we approve based off the content provided to us and rely on users letting us know if anything is unsuitable beyond that.

If you upload something to the showcase and don't see it up after a week or contact customer support and ask the question, we have likely just missed the upload notification email.

In this case I have seen your game and have decided it looks like an interesting example of a GameGuru game and have approved.

I have also decided to remove the games by the developer mentioned in the video as I feel he is not creating content that reflects GameGuru in a good light and is taking advantage of customers with high pricing.

I hope this makes sense and clears things up
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Nevin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2019 13:05
That sound vary good.
Tariq Cervantes
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you still facing the situation?
PM
GameGuruEvan
TGC Support
Years of Service
User Offline
It should be within 24 hours or so for a showcase to be approved (during the week). If it's gone past that, I would encourage you to contact us using the following link: https://www.game-guru.com/contact

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:13:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:13:16